Owasco 2-16

Luke510

Made the trip from Rochester to Owasco hoping to get into them down at Ensinore and we weren't disappointed.  Started drilling holes early and the flags starting flying right away.  Steady pick of lakers until about 10:30 when it slowed down.   Had our limit so we were back home for lunch.  Two great laker trips this season.  Next time headed to the north end for jumbos.

post-148417-0-11132500-1392593360_thumb.jpg

Those are some fine looking trout Luke510, I glad the trip was worth while. Can't wait until the soft water season, we are going to try the laker scene this year, hoping for a slob for the wall, if we can save the fish we will, and I'll get a replica made!!

Rolmops, same place, same holes. B-joe, bottom of hill with lots of others. Just got to be considerate of residents.

Thanks for the consideration,my cottage is about 400 yards north off that spot.

For anybody  going fishing there when the water gets soft. Please make sure your boat is clean from weeds and stuff from other lakes.Owasco has no Lamprey Eels and we want to keep it that way.

Edited by rolmops

Thanks for the consideration,my cottage is about 400 yards north off that spot.

For anybody  going fishing there when the water gets soft. Please make sure your boat is clean from weeds and stuff from other lakes.Owasco has no Lamprey Eels and we want to keep it that way.

Is it the Brown camp or Green Camp?  If it is the Brown camp I may have left some shotgun shells behind...LOL  Gotta love the high water mark!

Beauties. Going to ensnore min, tue or wed 2/24-26. Think ice will be safe mon. after last few warm days. Do u use spoons, never caught laker thru ice. Fished ensnore one time, advice from Barney, open water late '90s. Threw minny on slip, 21in salmon right away, 18 in brown on cleo 20 min. later, another 2 hr nothin else - never fished thete again. Thanks for any info. Mike Mcfinnyfin

Sent from my LS670 using Lake Ontario United mobile app