Honeyoe 2/17 north

dmontesano

Fished the northend of the lake. 15fow-25fow. Used minnows, spike,waxworms. Saw perch all mourning long. They would come up to the bait look at it then swim away. You jig alittle they come right back look at then swim away. This happend with all baits. Gotta love those cameras.now I can watch the fish not bite. Saw afew bass as well as walleye that where not playing as well. Could someone tell me why the fishing seems real slow lately. Everywhere

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

For whatever reason February has been a difficult ice fishing month for the whole time I've been doing it and on every lake I've fished. In the past I even snagged a big perch with a jig and opened up his stomach and it was filled with little fresh water shrimp. I'm not sure that is the case in all the lakes but something seems to shut off until nearly ice out when they start hammering the bait again.  It has happened year after year and it is incredibly frustrating.....I also wonder about its relationship to the spawning cycle.....

Edited by Sk8man

I'm no expert but seems every weekend the barometric pressure has been crazy....of course the time most of us have to spend fishing. Everywhere in has been tough all together. Still better fishing than working!

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fish deep water the lakers ate going crazy in just about every lake that they are in. Canadaigua is up next for me rumors of 15 to 20 lbers being caught. Ill be there saturday I hope

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This is the time when oxygen levels are lowest fish become lethargic... falling pressure brings some action. Near the end of the month temps start to warm photoperiod lengths....really starts to get fish excited for spawning = hotter bite. Hang in there it always gets better!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

rumors of 15 to 20 lbers being caught

I want to see pictures of those!!!

Do any of you plan your trips or just pay attention to the lunar cycles?  I downloaded the app "time to fish lite" it is free and it tells you the lunar phase, best times to fish from those and gives a rating of the day.  I have tried not to plan trips around these as on poor days I have caught fish and on best days not caught any, as I am sure weather also plays a role that the app can not take in to concideration.  But the last time I was out was on Keuka for the perch and we did pretty good and it was one of the highest ranking days of February.  I plan on going on Saturday and Sunday this week and it is at almost its lowest for the month, so we will have to see how it plays out....  Thoughts?

Edited by floatfisher

I want to see pictures of those!!!

Do any of you plan your trips or just pay attention to the lunar cycles? I downloaded the app "time to fish lite" it is free and it tells you the lunar phase, best times to fish from those and gives a rating of the day. I have tried not to plan trips around these as on poor days I have caught fish and on best days not caught any, as I am sure weather also plays a role that the app can not take in to concideration. But the last time I was out was on Keuka for the perch and we did pretty good and it was one of the highest ranking days of February. I plan on going on Saturday and Sunday this week and it is at almost its lowest for the month, so we will have to see how it plays out.... Thoughts?

here you go. My buddies from yesterday

post-152176-13928148833905_thumb.jpg

post-152176-13928149020014_thumb.jpg

I dont pay attention to moon phase during the winter I have not found a case when it matters.  As long as the ice is on and safe its time to fish.  During open water (spring summer fall) I will pay attention to the moon cause if its full or close to full the bite will be mid morning instead of first light due to fish being active at night. just my observation

like i said 15 to 20 lbers  im not on here to tell fish stories i  have videos and pics to back up everything i report. we just use heavy action rods with 8lb flourocarbon line  3/4 ounce jigs to reach the bottom   the most important thing to catching monster lakers is having good electronics

Hope you didnt take offense to my compliment, never meant any harm???  No need to prove anything either, I see the pics and they are BRUTES!!! 

I have the good electronics, I just dont have any gear that in my mind would be able to pull one of those through the hole....  Would I like to, hell yes and one of them would be on my wall!!

No offense taken people just don't beleive without seeing pics or videos that's all. I wish I could figure out how to post cideos kn here cause we have some great footage

It doesn't take anything expensive to bring lakers to the hole. All you need is at least a 30 inch heavy duty rod with 8 or 10 lb florocarbon line ball bearing swivel to keep line from twisting and white tub jigs and the ability to hold on to your rod cause they hit pretty hard when the get excited.