New Scatter Rap

DoubleG

I used them last year- I don't think they outperform any other stick bait (at least for me). To get them moving side to side you gotta (I forget which one) get them going faster or slower than standard trolling speeds. I had one out almost all spring and I think I only took one fish. My best producers are the smaller stinger spoons off boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Didn't do Crap on our boat either. Same case as Yankee, my buddy brought them in various colors because they worked back home for him. We had them on riggers, boards, and down the chute not a single fish on it.

My other lures outperformed them 3 to 1 easy.

We tried them on browns and walleye. FWIW

Sent from my thinking chair...

Edited by Chas0218

Every year or so Rapala comes out with what is supposed to be the latest & greatest. I must say IMO most of  these have been more of a bust than bang. The originals in straight  or jtd  are stiil  the best for me , Husky jerk the exception. I also liked the fat rap for walleye or bass.

• 1 month later...

dicks sporting goods has them on sale 5$ right now, just picked up few of the minnows, The bills seem like they're going to be prone to breaking. Haven't had good luck with rapalas quality lately. Lots of lips falling out (original/jointed), hooks pulling out, and tails falling off(jiggin rap).

They worked very very well for me on Quinte last year.  I didn't think the Minnow would work that well because it needed more speed to get it to kick out.  The shad kicks out at slower speeds, however, the minnow out fished the shad for me and I did very very well on the minnow last year.  It had to be doing something different because there were days it consistently and very obviously out fished everything else in the spread.  

Scott