Daughter's 1st lakers...

JJBat150

Hit Keuka Lake State Park this AM.... supposed to meet up with a friend @ 8 AM, but he was running late.   With a temp of -1 with no wind; my wife and youngest daughter in tow, we headed south of the launch, and set-up in ~170 FOW.

It took some time to get electronics set-up and daughter & wife started jigging, so I really wasn't in a hurry to get my rig ready to go.  Just as I was getting ready, my daughter  hooked up with one off the bottom, so I talked her through working it up to the surface.   Her first laker was 18 1/4 inches, and she was grinning ear to ear.  By this time, my buddy and his wife made it out and introductions and congratulations were made.

When dropping the jig down, daughter says "daddy, I think I got another one on...."  I grabbed her line and gave it  quick tug, and it was returned with a healthy head shake.  She worked it up to the surface, and this one measured a hair under 22 inches.  Within 15 minutes, she landed another one, but he was undersized, so it was back in the hole.  After that she got a few more bites, but no hookups.  

She eventually lost interest, (or started feeling the cold) and spent the next few hours in and out of the pop-up shanty giggling and laughing with my wife.   I ended up getting skunked; Lots of lookers and a few quick grabs, but no hook-ups.  But my daughter's success more then makes up for it...

Looks like I may have a new fishing partner for the next few years.  :)

Picture is of her second fish; first one she didn't want to touch.

post-151005-0-88300700-1392676897_thumb.jpg

Edited by JJBat150

Nice going and great report.  I'm sure she will remember that experience for a long long time. Great way to stay connected with kids too. Congrats to all of you :)

Congrats on your daughters catch!! she will remember that she out fished dad forever!! I know I get the OL' dad remember when, but it's all good, better than planted in front of the TV or computer!! Great job on getting the whole family involved in the outdoors, especially fishing!!