Anchor Roller

Adk1

Ok, I have posted on a few threads about installing an anchor roller on my 1991 Starcraft islander 221V. I need to find something. It does not need to be power. I am looking into the West Marine Delta Anchor Rollers bow mount for a Danforth anchor. Here is the situiation:

My islanders navigation bow lights are in the centerline where the anchor roller would go. I could mount off center but would need to be in a location that wouldnt interfere with the 180 degree view of the bow nav lights.

I have a built in rhode holder in the bow of the islander so stowing anchor rhode would be fine. I dont know about the chain though, as it would be attached to the anchor and have to cross some of the bow deck before going into the rhode holder. I would not like that

any ideas/ thoughts suggestions would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the Same boat, literaly ... I have a 89 and I'm installing the roller come spring. I split my light but I'm not sure if Ishould install the roller over the nose cap or cut out the nose cap with a Angle grinder

I'm in the Same boat, literaly ... I have a 89 and I'm installing the roller come spring. I split my light but I'm not sure if Ishould install the roller over the nose cap or cut out the nose cap with a Angle grinder

which roller did you get and what particular lights? Haven't really looked into it yet to see how much of a job it will be to split the lights and where to locate them

You can get to the light wiring from the rope locker. And I got 16 inch SS roller and chain lock. Hope it all fits not sure of the make of my light. I will have to look it up

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that is nice right there. Where did u get the wood piece? That is the thing I worry about because I have 6' of chain on my danforth anchor. There is no way to protect my bow from the chain while underway

I used part of a stern of an old boat, (mahogany) recovered the wood re-purposed it, I used release on the boat and then put a thick layer of epoxy on the wood and put it on the bow and put some weights on it to dry. This gave me the right shape for the back of the wood ( I had to do it a few times to get the build up thick enough).  Once dry, i cleaned it up and used a surf board resin and thin fabric fiberglass on the top and then buffed it.

I like the way it turned out, as well, I also used some good marine adhesive around the edges.