Better not quit my day job

Not much going on this winter so i decided to try to make a bait.post-142867-13929487300941_thumb.jpg no work of art by any means although it works pretty good. I was shocked at how much i had to spend to make this. I will never again complain about the price of muskie baits. No one is getting rich making them.

Nice! I am working on a jointed swimbait at the moment too. It is very expensive but if you get one you like it is well worth the cost. Alumilite is expensive, you can find cheaper products online. Even with the 40% off coupon at hobby lobby, alumilite is still more than comporable resins and rtv. What did you use to paint and clear coat it?

Nice work! On the plus side the components will probably never get any cheaper and that lure looks as though it should be able to survive any disaster that befalls it (big teeth included) :lol:  Great way to while away the winter doldrums....

Nice work old man! Its not about saving money...its about doing it yourself! I cant wait to read how it works! I have to admit its a tempting hobby, but I cant keep up with everything now!

Tim,

They stretch eel skins over plugs for stipers...of course 1 big walleye, pike, musky, or tiger and I bet the fish skin is shredded!

justin

I would be afraid to use it. It's bad enough to loose a fish but if a lure like that is in its mouth, it would be a heartbreaker. Although on the other hand, a few toothmarks on it woukd help to justify the price. I would definitely be tripple checking line and leader before using it.