braid

dcso

Been using 65lb pwr pro on one rod for several years great with slide dypsys. changed the other back to braided wire , never had problem with braided line(power pro or simular)fact it was kinda nice getting rid of kincking concerns.....also ya dont need to pull your dypsys if ya get a rigger release for fear of cutting your rigger fish and lure off on the wire.. but wire seems a little better for reaching target depth that ya need to be at and after much debate on this subject on the old forum im tucking my tail and catching more fish on wire... (salmon) . now if ya want steelhead go with 65 pro with green slider put on gr dolphin let out 125ish ft set dypsy let out another 180 ft if there their you got em .. :o with 20 to 30 trips to L.O. this summer this combo worked EVERY trip .P.S. when i fish im usually the first boat out of the shute at the oak and one of the last ones to come in so if this setup doesnt work in the first 20 min of trying dont give up as this is a big fish rig and if you target the big steelies they are farther and fewer in between than most. Good Luck Ray K.

I'm still using wire on the big divers, but do run 30lb Power Pro for

little divers and jets off the big boards. Very happy with it...very

durable. Moss Green, although I think I'm going to try a rod with

the new red this year.....

John

I'm using 30lb Fireline (Smoke) on one diver and wire on the other. Both produce, depends upon the day. Wire will go deeper, but it's not drastically different between the two. I have experienced flea issues with both Wire and Fireline, but feel that Fireline collects fewer than the wire.

i thought about running 4 wire dipsys but i think i will stick with two wire and two braid. and resurect two old unitrols i have and go that route also.

thanks for the input. im new to this but i belive im almost there

ted