what brand of copper?

So here's a question. Atommik copper is well copper colored. Blood run is Grey. I have Atommik copper but people have told me that the grey is stealthier. I think with the leader it doesn't really matter. Any thoughts?

No such thing as "stealthy" with copper OR lead core. There is NO fish that is going to see something as thin as a copper line or lead core line when it is separated by a 20' leader. Their eyes aren't that good and they are simply not that smart. Personally I use Blood Run Copper because it is far more user friendly and does not kink or backlash like the other stuff. I also ProStaff for them so I'm a "little" biased but you are welcome to come down to the boat this summer to see for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No such thing as "stealthy" with copper OR lead core. There is NO fish that is going to see something as thin as a copper line or lead core line when it is separated by a 20' leader. Their eyes aren't that good and they are simply not that smart. Personally I use Blood Run Copper because it is far more user friendly and does not kink or backlash like the other stuff. I also ProStaff for them so I'm a "little" biased but you are welcome to come down to the boat this summer to see for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Agreed. I just know it's come up in the past with people debating over color. Even with diver wire such as a smoke color or simply stainless. Nothing stealthy at all. Point is to get the presentation away from the boat and/or make room to get more lines in the water.

• 3 weeks later...

Atomik is made by American Fishing Wire in PA and Blood Run not sure who make stheir wire but they are from the mid west.  All of this stick with the local guy I agree with.  That said, why is everyone going to Cabela's to buy gear when local shops are local and support  the causes on this site.  Two sides of the mouth fellas.  dont get it but funny

Atomik is made by American Fishing Wire in PA and Blood Run not sure who make stheir wire but they are from the mid west. All of this stick with the local guy I agree with. That said, why is everyone going to Cabela's to buy gear when local shops are local and support the causes on this site. Two sides of the mouth fellas. dont get it but funny

Check your facts

A-TOM-MIK Copper is not made by AFW, it was manufactured at Oswego Wire through the 70’s till the later 90’s and picked up by Tom in 2004, the same copper wire sold to the finger lake region for about 30 years and distributed from Barry’s Bait-Boat-n-Tackle on Seneca Lake. Tom had the lay re-worked in 2007 to be a tighter lay. Oswego Wire stopped making 7-Strand in the later 00’s and Tom had it made elsewhere and shipped to local plants in NY upon demand. Call AFW and ask for Shawn to verify they do not manufacture A-TOM-MIK Copper. They do however supply A-TOM-MIK with much of their stainless wire.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app