New chute rigger

I'm looking to add a third rigger to run down the chute. One that can handle a 15lb or heavier weight. Anybody have any comments on the Scotty 2106 HP. It's got everything I'm looking for and it would be easier to pull the trigger to buy if it got good reviews from this post. I've got 2 Big Jons now but don't want to buy their Brute model to handle the weight.

Thanks

Kevin

Edited by UNREEL

I've been running Scottys since 2003, awesome riggers, super reliable and trouble free.  I had 1116's from 2003 through 2012, at the first Wilson Harbor Invitational in 2011 I won one of the new 2116 HP's but never ended up putting it on the boat that year, in 2012 I bought another 2116 and replaced both 1116's.  Those riggers are amazing, I pull 15.5 and 16 lb weights and they are almost scary fast.  I sold one of my 1116's but the other one has been sitting in my basement, so I'm going to add that this year as a 3rd chute rigger to run my probe on. 

I think the 2116 HP's are almost too fast for a probe rigger as the sudden stop when the autostop bead triggers the stop mechanism seems to put a lot of strain on the cable with a heavy weight.  I didn't lose a probe, but I'm moving the probe to the slower, but still very fast 1116.  They pull 15+ lb weights with ease as well.  If that's going to be your probe rigger you might consider getting an 1100 series instead.  Save a few bucks as well.

Either way, you cannot go wrong with Scottys IMO.  I've never had so much as a single hiccup with mine.

Tim

Thanks Tim & shadrapper for the tip on the 1116's. Just the kind of info I was looking for. Looks as tho they're about $100 cheaper. Still searching around for the best deal. Now I got $100 to spend on lures.

I went from cannons to the new Scotty 2116's, and run my probe on the chute rigger. I put my beads so that when it stops my probe is under the surface about 6-12". No bouncing at all. As far as price, check BOE marine for poss the best price on these riggers. You will not be disappointed with either model. Good luck!!

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app