new to braided wire line

BAITNH

last year was my first year with wire dipseys and it was well worth it.alot of action on them.always keep keep tension on the spool!!!!i let it out a ways and then put it in rod holder with it in gear and just enough drag to let it out slow and then go deploy other rods.another valuable lesson i learned when fishing wire dipseys is a quality metal rod holder and strong mounting surface.when a king hits that dipsey,it has alot of stress on it and if you cheap out on a rod holder or mounting base.you will be sorry!!!!

Yeah you need to have a track system for them (even a small 12" section) and metal rod holders.  Other was big king equals bye bye rod and rod holder. 

What type or rod are you using for it?

Also, put a large bead (larger than the rod tip) or 2 before you swivel that connects the wire to your leader.  This is so you can store the rod with the line pulled somewhat tight.  You dant want to store it with the wire bent over the last guide/roller.  This will also prevent someone from reeling the swivel into the guide/roller when fighting a fish.

Lastly, if you kink it you have to cut it.  Leaving a bad kink or frayed line (even if one or two stands) means you can lose a big fish and an expensive dispsy, flasher, and fly....dont ask me how I know :)

Well if you have a actual place to mount it on your boat its nice to have tracks.  It spread the load out from the dispy rather than on a single point plus you can swap stuff in/out without making more holes in your boat.  Really depends if you have a 18ft aluminum boat or a 20+ foot fiberglass boat. 

I di have  great lakes rod trees  mounted  solid  with a plate on the back side.  Im using  10   and 10-6 rods made  for dipsys talora  rods i have not changed the tips yet.   Now i will be lookinginto copper  for the  summer. Man  getting rigged up  for  the Big O   can  get costly   8 rods for  boards spring, 4 for riggers. 2 with lead, 4 for dipsys  and now more for copper.  I feel i am single  handiedly  stimulating the economy  here.