Gander mt johnson city. Opens 4-28

I can remember going into Dick's as a kid and it was an outdoors store, know if it's not made by Nike or Taylor Made golf they don't carry it. Sad really. I for one am happy to hear Gander is coming back.

Dicks is opening a line of stores called field and stream stores.All they deal in is hunting,fishing and camping.I went to the one in Cranberry township in Pennsylvania and it was like Gander Mountain on steroids.There not as big as Cabelas or Bass Pro but they will have what you need.I heard they looked at some places in the southern tier but couldn't find any place they liked.

Dicks is opening a line of stores called field and stream stores.All they deal in is hunting,fishing and camping.I went to the one in Cranberry township in Pennsylvania and it was like Gander Mountain on steroids.There not as big as Cabelas or Bass Pro but they will have what you need.I heard they looked at some places in the southern tier but couldn't find any place they liked.

They are building one in Market Place Mall in Henrietta.

The problem with the bigger stores is knowledge ... Yes they carry alot of the stuff your looking for but dont specialize in lake fishing or trolling and there is not to many people at the stores to help you or have the knowledge help you get exactly what your looking for most of the time in my experiences. .. I will always help out all the local mom and pop stores before shopping at the bigger stores... We all complain about not having those smaller stores when there gone do to being pushed out by the big name stores and to me that's all they are is a big Name.... Someone even stated that the only reason gander is opening back up there is they cant get out of there lease, So that tells me there not there for you, they are there because they have to be...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We will be at the FLTA fisherman's flea market in Watkins at the end of the month so if there is anything specific you are looking for call the store so we can get it in stock if we dont already and we can bring it to the show or we always do ship.... I understand your frustration fathobbitt about driving distance but we can always figure out something to get the stuff you need to you... Thanks Nautitroller ... We appreciate all your business and will do whatever we can to help our customers out...

Mike

I agree with you mike regarding the big box stores and not carrying stuff for lake fishing. I have spoke to the buyer's for 3 years about carrying trolling and fly rods however I was only able to get them to get rigged and dipsy rods...

Gander mountain tried to get out of their lease in Binghamton because it has been completely underwater twice with only their sign showing... dont blame them for not wanting to reopen.

Regarding the overheads field and stream store, I heard last night the old walmart will be torn down starting this week. They changed their opening date from april to September.

I guess what I'm saying is would they have found a different location to open the store in Binghamton or just moved on someplace else if they where able to get out of their lease... Never could figure out why someone would build or lease a building in the bottom of a fish bowl anyway. .. Lol

Mike

Well I can say that I may save a few bucks from going on line but,,,.  To help out a local business and have the satisfation of having someone back up the sale,  my hard earned $ go to Hills and Valleys,  or (sorry) if I travel to Fat Nancys!  Great selection at both and knowledge rules!  I do buy stuff at Walmart but I DO NOT SKIMP AT DICKS, BASS, OR GANDER!    Just saying!    Good luck to both!

Just buy off the internet. Way better prices

I prefer to support small businesses, even if it's a little more money that the Internet, then I have someone I can talk to if I have an issue with a product.