Bert's, Traxtech, and Cannon Track Systems

Yes they are all interchangeable, check www.northwoodsoutlet.com, they seem to have the best prices, and are great to deal with. Just placed a big order for the new ride of all Bert's myself!!!

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Look at Cisco fishing systems. Their tracks are better structurally then any other brands. A few other improvements over other brands also. Surprisingly cheaper then Bert's too. Their holders are on the spendy side but you get what you pay for. Arguably the best out there. The cannon dual axis holders are nice. The Bert's ratcheting holders seem to have the most hours on them in the field... Lots of options just depends on preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by FleetTracker

Agree, Cisco are the best. Their tracks have the best finish by far. Since I already had Berts's rod holders, I use them in my Cisco tracks but changed out the thumb screws to Cisco's. Much better.

I just bought 4 cisco rod holders. 2 each mounted on their triple cross plates. These will be mounted on my Lund Sport Angler, in the sport track gunnel. They look fantastic, can't wait to use them when we get to Little Sodus Bay, for our spring trip to lake "O".

Boat Safe

Egoody

Fitzwilliam, NH

I agree that the Cisco's are of high quality. However, those with shorter arms will struggle getting the rod out of the holder when it's parallel to the water and there is a big king pulling on the other end. I really like the Cannon Dual Axis ratchet design for this situation. It's pretty easy to pull the rod holder up with one hand while pulling the rod out of the holder with the other hand. The Cannons seem to be made of high quality too. Just my opinion since I have used both.

Edited by MikeyP

• 8 years later...
  • 3 months later...

the cannon ratcheting rod holders are my choice for running lite bite slide divers for walleye on Erie's central basin. I switched to traxstech holders because they have 17 adjustments up and down but I went back to cannon because they set with one hand. the others it takes both hands to set them down. hodgesmarine.com has cannon rod holders at a fair price but you may find them cheaper by doing a web search for them.

cisco tracks with canon ratcheting holders are the ones I use. and for me, they are the most fisherman-friendly holders on the market at this time. but I did like everything about the Traxsteck except having to use both hands to set it down.