interferance on fish finder

kreinhart

Make sure the transducer is not mounted near a rib in the hull, that will cause turbulence and not allow the transducer to work correctly.

Also is it rpm induced? For example if you put the boat in gear but raise the motor rpms does the interference get worse?

Edited by Chas0218

Perhaps resistor type plugs as well? Make sure your transducer wire is not co-mingled with the power wire or other power wires and that the power wire for the depth finder is away from other wires or sources of interference (e.g.engine power source). Try turning down the gain to check for turbulence induced interference (screen "noise") vs. electrical interference. They usually look a little different but not always.

Edited by Sk8man

Also you could try adjusting the noise filtration of the unit. That might help.

I would first run resistor plugs then look into the noise reduction.

Sent from my thinking chair...

You could also shield your ff wires. get the foil tape for HVAC and use it to insulate your power and transducer wires. Run the tape down the length of the wire and roll it around the wire.

I would start with the resistor plugs and wires though. Turning the gain down might help also. On my Humminbird 958, I had trouble at first but was making the ff "look too hard" by having the gain higher than I needed.