Sticker shock!

Chas0218

I bought a few of the yo-zuri 3d holographs, they are outrageous! I bought some a few years ago for half their current price and that wasn't on sale.  At $18 a pop they have to be up there with lucky craft lures.  I have been shopping around and looking at all my go to lures they have all gone up in price. Man I want to add a couple copper setups this year but that isn't going to happen if I can't find lures on the cheap.

Lure prices are getting crazy.   Spoons & stick bait we use to buy @ $2 - 4 bucks  are now $5 - 8 bucks.   Rapalas are higher yet!   It seems like the Safe act  effected the lures prices just like the ammo. prices!  all is getting nuts. Almost cheaper to put gas in the trk. & boat !  lol

I hear yeah, walk into a shop with a $20 bill and you will come out with 2 rapalas or 1 yo-zuri. If you start adding up al the expenses to fish (troll) you might as well be eating the very best caviar the world has to offer..cause that is what its costing you!

I tell you if I add up everything I have spent I think my wife would kill me.  I have more in my autopilot and power steering than what I paid for the boat and trailer. I think all said and done it is in the $10k not including the boat.  I know I have an easy 1k in rods, another easy 1k in reels, 1k in spoons & flahers, about 1k into crankbaits, I'm not going any further...

It's still cheaper than going to a shrink :rofl:   :rofl:

He's got someting to show for his money....some folks will pi$$ that much down the drain at a local tavern over a couple years or sooner............that's a pure waste.

Don't know if any of you guys ever check out Overstock Bait&Tackle online.. but I've gotten some great deals there. Lots of low end and mediocre stuff, but sometimes the good stuff. We run the big Renoski stickbaits on Erie.. last year I bought two dozen for 1.50 each. Worth a look once in a while. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Don't know if any of you guys ever check out Overstock Bait&Tackle online.. but I've gotten some great deals there. Lots of low end and mediocre stuff, but sometimes the good stuff. We run the big Renoski stickbaits on Erie.. last year I bought two dozen for 1.50 each. Worth a look once in a while. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

I got a bunch of reef runners from them last yr. I think the most I paid for the big lures was $2.99  smaller lures were cheaper, they do have some good prices, like the old days!  lol

I've been tying my own flies and rejuvenating lures that I haven't used for a long time but were good other than the finish....it's a chance to try out new colors or combinations and experiment a little cheaper (and I don't know where I'd put any more lures anyway)

I've been tying my own flies and rejuvenating lures that I haven't used for a long time but were good other than the finish....it's a chance to try out new colors or combinations and experiment a little cheaper (and I don't know where I'd put any more lures anyway)

I have been thinking about getting an airbrush kit & try to touch up or change colors on some old lures or wait to find the hot color for the yr. & paint some the correct color. Not sure if it would be worth it.

A friend of mine bought "Livetarget lures"  at $11- 15 for a 4" long lure.  He lost one due to a bad knot & the second one broke in 1/2 when lifting a king out of the net.   He hasn't bought any lately   lol.

Edited by lineman49