Keuka long walk

bondouley

With reports of glare ice every where we decided to take a long walk down keuka. We fished 130' of water with metal baits 1/2 ounce to 3/4 ounce. I dropped a rod on the way out but we could see it about 100yrds back laying on the ice. My girlfriend voluntered to go grab it as i set up the shanty and got the heater going. By the time i got my hole drilled my buddy was yelling fish on! He caught it on his very first drop. I continued to set up shanty and was ready just as Sheila got back so on went the heater and down went the bait. I got it to the bottom cranked the reel about 10 times and fish on! The rest of the day went like that for the 3 of us. My buddy was screaming fish on about every 30 seconds it seemed. My girlfriend and i took turns catching fish and videoing each other. I cannot tell you the exact number but i will say we hooked close to 100 fish between the 3 of us and landing about 75 percent of them. The craziest day ive ever had on the ice. Absolutley amazing!!! Here are some pics

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-152176-13938104188001_thumb.jpg

post-152176-13938104542711_thumb.jpg

post-152176-13938104709522_thumb.jpg

post-152176-13938104849846_thumb.jpg

post-152176-13938105006728_thumb.jpg

Thank you troutman. She never even said the word fishing till about month and a half ago. Now she is addicted as bad as i am.

nice!  we  fished keuka as well on saturday  and did  awesome!   first time  ive fished there  for the lakers.     it was fun!    we fished similar  120 foot tried off branchport and didnt do much.  switched to penn yann side about half way down finger  we were in front of a buddy's cottage and  lit them up!    That was  fun  will deffinitely  go back and try it again! 

whoa Bondouley!!!! no wonder why your girlfriend is hooked, putting her on a fishing day like

that.. How long was the walk? and how do you cook them up.. limit is 3 each or 5.. I am not

sure myself.. do not fish for trout much.. and the ones that are realest do the make it? coming up from that deep.

also what kind of set up do you use.. when you say metal baits are you just talking about

about vertical spoons, like Cleo's and flutter spoons..

nice Job man

nice!  we  fished keuka as well on saturday  and did  awesome!   first time  ive fished there  for the lakers.     it was fun!    we fished similar  120 foot tried off branchport and didnt do much.  switched to penn yann side about half way down finger  we were in front of a buddy's cottage and  lit them up!    That was  fun  will deffinitely  go back and try it again! 

its addicting like crack  :yes:

whoa Bondouley!!!! no wonder why your girlfriend is hooked, putting her on a fishing day like

that.. How long was the walk? and how do you cook them up.. limit is 3 each or 5.. I am not

sure myself.. do not fish for trout much.. and the ones that are realest do the make it? coming up from that deep.

also what kind of set up do you use.. when you say metal baits are you just talking about

about vertical spoons, like Cleo's and flutter spoons..

nice Job man

i believe the limit is 5 on the finger lakes but we dont like to keep that many fish  grill them up just like a salmon in aluminum foil.  all the fish we catch we try to take our time reeling them up so they let the air out of their swim bladdes.  You will see the bubbles coming up when fighting them  unless they get hooked deep in their gills they all will survive to fight another day.  i say metal baits cause we catch them on just about every kind of spoon there is as long as its 1/2 ounce or over. 

I was seeing 10-12 inches this past weekend off branchport and similar on other side of fork.

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by machzrcr

Ah..um...let me see...something about that woman.....oh, yeah, just like mine and still the same after 50 years !!! congrats !!

she is all about it. I dont see her stopping anytime soon