Victrola box reel

Thanks Splitshot...I wish I was going to be around Watkins at the end of the month. I live in LA and am only in the Finger Lakes a few weeks a year. I wish I could find the guy you mentioned on the net...been looking without success.

I saw the ones at SenecaMarine. They look great, but a bit more than I was thinking of spending. I do like the gang at that store, and I have spent a lot of money there over the years!

Go to the tackle show that the Finger Lakes Trollers put on in Watkins Glen, There is usually a guy there that makes them, he has some nice ones and some plain ones.

Splitshot115

Whats the price range for one of these setups?.....any idea.

I have one in my possesion......handed down from a great Uncle...

and he's one of those guys that dosent give up NUTHIN...and yes it

still works. :shock:

Slider,

Senecamarine.com has a maple box 2 spring for $325 and a cherry box 4 spring for $425 (I think).

It was a bit tricky for me to find...go to Items for sale ->new fishing gear.

I don't know the difference between 2 spring and 4 spring. I guess I need to do some research!!

Slider,

Senecamarine.com has a maple box 2 spring for $325 and a cherry box 4 spring for $425 (I think).

It was a bit tricky to for me to find...go to Items for sale ->new fishing gear.

I don't know the difference between 2 spring and 4 spring. I guess I need to do some research!!

Yep, I saw it....I checked out the site....nice setups....never would have

realized they are selling for that much...WOW!

The one I have has the Victrola (GUTS)....but the rest my uncle made...

the box etc. The spool on this thing is a film reel...pretty cool. 8)

Recutter,

I know a guy that has one that might be for sale. If I remember correctly its about 4-5 years old and only used about 5-6 times.

If your interested in more info I can give him a call. Let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I have three long line trolling reels. one is factory made and two are home made out of old victrola reels. the oldist is mounted in a old rought cut wooden box and still has the old cloth line. I am willing to sell all three make a fair offer