Fish Hawk X4D

Any great prices on the X4D? Cheapest I found is 649. Thanks.

Tim

You better pick it up cause you're not going to find it any cheaper unless it's used!

Edited by MikeyP

I am thinking of just getting the x4 without the D my depth can be found on the fish finder and the downrigger I am thinking I don't need the exact depth for 125.00 what are your thoughts guys ???

With a good chart plotter you can see the down rigger weights so I don't see the advantage of the D. I run an X4.

Sent from Day Break using my iPad using Lake Ontario United

In my opinion, the X4D is worth it.  The depth that you really think the downrigger is at on your fishfinder, really isnt the depth its at.  It really not as deep as its saying - its really measuring the distance from the tranducer to the ball - so with blowback its measuring it at an angle. 

But as long as your lures are running above the fish and not below, they're still gonna get bit. 15' is just a halfhearted flick of a salmon's tail so I don't really care if i'm a little shallower than what is displayed on the counter or where the balls show on the graph. Heck, any fish that shows on the graph that isn't directly beneath the boat is higher than it is displayed on the graph too.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What does the true depth really matter? You will be fishing by the temp reading and where you mark fish on the graph. Its all relative, if you have hooks at 80' you would put your riggers in that range on the graph, see fish, see the weights and adjust. You can't know the exact depth of the fish just like you can't the weights.

If guys want to be so critical of the rigger depth, how do you transfer the depth of the probe rigger to a plain weight with less blowback?

The point of the X4D is that it tells you, based upon water pressure, the actual straight down location of the temperature vertically from the surface to its location in the water column. In other words, the actual depth of the temperature. For guys like me who fish temperature most of the time on a day to day basis, knowing where the temperature is vertically in the column really helps me to dial in on the fish. I now know where to run my dipseys and coppers more accurately. It just takes a lot of the guess work out of it and gives you up to date information on what's going on down below. I did check my probe out in a known depth to verify its accuracy and my unit appears to be spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great deal!! It's 100$ cheaper then fishusa.com where I just purchased my new one from.

Are u sure it's it's an X4D and just a straight X4.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 4 months later...