Fish Hawk X4D

HUGE thumbs up for Northwoods.com.  Not only did they have the absolute best price on the x4D, it also came with the probe case and foul weather display cover at no extra charge.  This is my first probe system, and the quality of the construction seems fantastic.  I can't wait to get this bad boy installed.  My only concern is getting interference on the transducer from my Happy Troller trolling plate.  My Airmar P58 sonar transducer works ok on the starboard side of the transom…but It does pick up some bubble interference if I crank the gain way up.  I plan to install the Fishhawk transducer on the other side of the transom. 

Does anybody use this Fishhawk system with a trolling plate?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Went to Northwood Site and Checked out the Fish Hawk X4D I haven't called for the price yet

but the thing I see right away is they have the X4 pictured not the X4D now I would like to have

those of you that have actually purchased from them confirm that you did get the X4D Bluetooth

and Depth at ball model for the $649 price

Regards Steve

I purchased mine from north woods. And it was the X4D. And for some reason it also came with the hard case and foul weather cover at no extra charge. Usually you have to buy them separate I believe.

Nice thanks for the info I'm looking to purchase one but I want to be sure it's the newer model

I've contacted a few places and they are all on backorder, I guess most everywhere so unless you find dealer with one in stock, ebay has a few listed but choke on the $800 price I can wait till they get more reasonable plus you have to keep in mind if you screw up and loose a probe it's another $300 to replace they are nice but priced way to high. hope you have good spring fishing.

can't wait to get out there myself.

Northwood just got the new bluetooth display units in.  Just ordered mine - you have to call in.  Was 329.99 + shipping.  Still feeling a little burned by Fish Hawk since they just introduced their X4D and then came out with the new unit a year later and didnt offer any trade-in.  

It seems a bit confusing to some folks because they labeled the new blueotooth unit as the 4D the same as the previous model. The new unit has a RED display rather than the blue color.

• 2 weeks later...

It also says OUR PRICE next to the suggested retail price that's where the difference is ADK1. A lot of times individual outlets for products are prevented by the manufacturers from directly disclosing or displaying deep discounts online.

Edited by Sk8man

Hey Guys I said I just got one from them.....what part of $695 + $20 I just got one don't you understand ....OMG...!!! LOL

http://www.waypointent.com/FishHawk_1.html  then click our price at that point your on your own buy or not buy Its up to all of

u tight lines and happy trails dudes good luck this spring fishing season

Edited by shsmith05088

ok got it. thanks. Does the X4D only come with the Bluetooth or is there another option without the Bluetooth that might be less expensive

Edited by Adk1

There are two options from

They make the X4D (D) for Depth at probe then they make the newer unit which has the bluetooth feature and a few of the new options speed at surface which I guess they did away with on the X4D

That feature is back with the Bluetooth model. This is my first one of these units unlike some of you guys

Who have been running them for years hope to get out there next week.

Ok my mistake sorry for that, so your saying the x4D give you temp speed and depth at the ball and at the surface..? If that's the case then bluetooth is the only differance I would still have bought the unit that i purchased if I already owned the X4D would I have upgraded probably not just for the Bluetooth feature

Alone. Looking forward to getting it wet next week.

The Original x4d does not have speed at the surface. The new one with the red screen, and Bluetooth does have speed at surface. I have the original, and have no need for speed at surface, I always go by SOG, and I always have a probe in the water. Just my personal preference. Either way it is the best on the market IMHO!!!!

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Its allot of $$ to spend on this piece of equipment but  I have invested considerable time and $$ int otravelling 3 hours bac kand forth, and thousands of dollars in equipment to Fish Lake O to only have caught 2 salmon and 2 brown trout out of 4 trips!