Livingston lures on walleye

My son and I went to the river last night  with a couple friends armed with a couple new Livingston lures.  If you haven't seen them yet they have a circuit board in them and they croak like a dying baitfish.  Randy Howell won the Bassmaster Classic with them this year.  The bite was very slow, but we managed a handful of eyes, including a 24" that absolutely inhaled the Livingston stickbait.  So far I like them, but if you are looking for a true suspending bait that you want to pause a while these aren't it....both of ours float up slowly.  I have lead tape strips and dots to fix this, but the water we were in last night was a bit shallow and the slow float up wasn't a bad thing.  All fish were caught with a very slow steady retrieve....nothing on pauses.  I didn't get pics cause my phone was dead, but maybe we can get into a few tonight. 

justin

Nice job Justin! I happen to catch the Bassmaster Classic episode and figured these were like the "Banjo" minnow or some other gimmick.. but may have to take another look. Guess I'm an old believer that most new lures are more designed to catch fishermen than fish. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

I couldn't agree more Chris! I just enjoy trying what's out there. Plus Randy Howell killed it with them. I will say that with all the walleye I catch in the course of a season I haven't had a walleye engulf a bait more than the one Cody caught last night on the Livingston. I do believe fishing is much more about time spent on the water and proper technique than technology, but it doesn't hurt to combine them!

justin