Spoon ID

We used to have this awesome salmon spoon my uncle's friend gave us and we used it to absolutely destroy lake trout on Lake Erie with it (12+ per day). Anyway, one day we lost it on a huge fish that I wish we could have gotten to the net and I have been looking for another ever since. My uncle's birthday is coming up and if I could find out the name of the lure, that would be awesome. 

Description: The friend actually gave us two lures (presumably made by the same company). Both were chrome and the only color on them was a row of 6 or seven simple red eyes taped on. (I realize that anyone could have potentially done the taping, but I included it just in case.) The smaller one looked similar to a Little Cleo or some kind of Luhr Jensen. The bigger one (which used to catch all of the fish) was unique because the split ring came out of the middle of the spoon and the hook attached there instead of the very end as most do.

Any input would be appreciated and I really wish I could get my hands on at least the name, if not another one of those spoons. I've been searching the internet forever trying to figure it out with no luck. I've never even seen another salmon spoon that has the hook come out the back like that one did. Any input is greatly appreciated. Sorry for posting this here, but when I say "salmon spoon" to anyone on Lake Erie, they look at me like I'm from Mars. Figured you guys might be a little more supportive of my quest.

Tight lines!

Scott

Les Davis made one with the line hookup toward the middle.  Named   Port Defiance spoon    They came in several sizes. 

post-139530-0-76638100-1394330266_thumb.jpg

post-139530-0-59204200-1394330299_thumb.jpg

post-139530-0-46295700-1394330332_thumb.jpg

Edited by Big Dave