Best fluorocarbon line/leader material ?

Seagur is very good.

The last two years I have been using suffix as I can get 110 yard spools vs the 25 yard spools and I'm very happy with it. No complaints or problems. I use 20lb for walleye 30 and 50 for salmon. I would recommend suffix.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Seaguar - expensive but great stuff. They have a blue label leader which is awesome and a thinner green label premium leader which is thinner than the blue but just as strong. Green premium is more money.

I think they also have a special yellow label material which is supposed to come out this year made specifically for salmon (supposed to have better knot strength) but I haven't seen this in stores yet.

Good luck,

Chris

Disclaimer - no personal or financial ties to Seaguar

There is a differance between the line and the leader material. I used the line for a bit to try and save a few bucks. Not worth it you will be much happier with the leader material. I personally use seagaur because it is easy to find and works very well.

I have been using P-Line 100% fluoro for a few years without problems.  Strong, no knot problems with a uni or double uni knot to braid.  It works as well leaders for trolling and lake trout jigging, but is too stiff for fly fishing leaders.

The best line you can buy would be made in the US of A. Seaguar is made in Japan.

Disclaimer - Personal and financial ties to US of A

Although the majority of Seaguar line is made in Japan, there is a US division which is part of Kuhera US Corporation. Some Seaguar line is in fact made in the US (which is why supply wasn't disrupted following the Japan earthquake).

I would imagine you typed your original response on a "made in the USA" computer?

Thanks for sharing,

Chris

Vanish is total cow s**t......and I know this flies in the face of the Seaguar lovers out there (and it is good leader material but expensive when used in quantity) but Vicious 17 lb test is not bad....and 200 yds for about $16 goes a long way. I've been trying it out for a while now and no problems thus far.....not sure about the abrasion resistance yet though....and unfortunately it is Made in Japan.

Edited by Sk8man

Although the majority of Seaguar line is made in Japan, there is a US division which is part of Kuhera US Corporation. Some Seaguar line is in fact made in the US (which is why supply wasn't disrupted following the Japan earthquake).

I would imagine you typed your original response on a "made in the USA" computer?

Thanks for sharing,

Chris

Seaguar fluorocarbon was in question on this post. When I looked at Seaguar fluorocarbon it said Made in Japan on the package. Fishing line is one of the few products completely Made in the US of A.

My computer is Made in the USA

I don't want to burst any bubbles but I've built a few computers and never yet have found too many parts made in the USA most come from Taiwan, Japan or China. A computer that says Made in USA should probably say "assembled in USA". I too try to buy American where possible and support local stores as much as I can but sometimes it is nearly impossible to get what you need that is truly "Made in America". Many if not most American companies sub out their actual manufacturing to China and third world countries. The whole globalization thing has taken over and companies are looking primarily at the "bottom line" and not a sense of "nationalism" anymore....I think that trying to support as best we can our guys and sponsors on this website is a step in the right direction in keeping the money here at least and having some accountability for the quality of the products through our feedback.  In the final analysis regarding the fluorocarbon line I think it boils down to what you have faith in (and perhaps positive experience with) and the judgment about which is "best" is based on that.

Looks like they have reduced the diameter about 02 /1000's too from many other brands of the same lb test and 100 yd spool...sweet.

Thanks for all the info. guys!   I do know Vanish  s^*ks

This is the only line I have ever thrown away before it was even used.  Absolutely horrible.

I just Stopped being such a tight wad with my line last year and started using Seaguar on a whim because a lot of the fishing programs were using it.  I am very impressed.  I use to use P-line flouro exclusively but I am spending a little more for quality this year.  Good luck.

Alure not a lure. Get it. I loose plenty of those too. :rofl:

Look up Hawkeye on urban dictionary :mooning:

I actually just looked up hawkeye in the urban dictionary and lmao!!! I must say - I've never heard that one before