Best fluorocarbon line/leader material ?

Yeah when pulling big divers on wire in the waves, you kinda need to crank everything down.  I even broke a trebble and also bent a trebble last year on massive hits.  Just a nature of the beast.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jeff you got that Proline ready to go witht he nose pointed toward the driveway as soon as the weather breaks? :lol: Don't think I'd be tying all my Seth Greens with it at that price

Edited by Sk8man

I'll add my $.02. We've run McCoy Flouro 100 since it came out 6yrs or so ago. It's great stuff! It's produced here in the states. The guys who run the company are great guys. If we know were running spoons we use their 15lb. If we are running paddles we run their 20lb. Moisten your knots well, and there are no issues.

Hey Jeff you got that Proline ready to go witht he nose pointed toward the driveway as soon as the weather breaks? :lol: Don't think I'd be tying all my Seth Greens with it at that price

Hey there Les. Well. Ive awaken from my hibernation😄. Been tied up a little with a barn building project but Im getting ready to get "my fish on". How about you? Do you have your gear ready?

Love getting back into the forum and chatting about all the fun fishing and techniques for the year!

• 2 weeks later...

I muskie fish and began using Berkley Pro Spec fluorocarobon and mainline and found it to be really soft and easy to use, especially when making fluorocarbon laders out the the 130# test.  I started to usethe 20# in different colors on the Gennessee river and the brown color on teh Salmon River last year and it worked just fine.  I was using seaguar but since pro spec is made in USA, i switched.  Finding it is tough but i found it online at a dealer on Long Island.

we have no problem using regular Berkley Trilene 100% Flouro line for our leaders.  Our down rigger and planar rods are spooled with it, 14# and 12# respectively.  When our dipsy rods need new leader, we just strip 8ft off of the down rigger rods.  Works great.  I don't understand the need for high dollar leaders.

Edited by jigstick

• 4 weeks later...

I know Ill catch hell for saying so, but I use vanish exclusively for bass fishing. It's a casting line. Not a leader line. And they improved it within the past year or 2 so knot strength is no longer an issue.

As for what I use for leader line, seaguar. And I only use 20lb test regardless of the application. Have retied some atommik flies with it and never had an issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app