Best fluorocarbon line/leader material ?

• 9 months later...

Probably 98 % of all fluoro carbons R Japanese simply because they were the first to develop fluoro carbon material for fishing applications .

I worked for the first importer of the Seaguar. / Momoi products . We began selling this into the American market about 30 yrs ago.

It was used by LL fisherman for years prior to being introduced to the USA market in mid eighties .

these products R still the best based on their overall knowledge of this product & how to manufacture it since they have by far the most expierance in this field .

Most of the best fluoro products R made by a very few overseas companies with Toray & Seaguar being UR best.

Toray has by far the best fluoro fishing line , is sold thru a west coast distributor , Blackwater products .

Pricey , I've used it for years LL applications practically no memory & exibits very good knot strength .

I know all these fluoro brands say it is virtually invisible to fish but how many fish were able to verbally respond to whether THEY saw it or not....yeah it may be close to invisible for US :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

So what does everyone do for their leadcore rods?  I've always just run about a 25ft length of 25lb big game right down from the lead to the swivel.  Do you guys run a full length of actual leader material or just skip it and use mono?

Regarding Seaguar floro. In the tackle stores I see some sold in a blue/yellow box and some in a red. What is the difference between the two, besides price, and is the red any good since that is what I bought? Sorry in advance if this was already mentioned previously.

The Seaguar Red Label is mainline not leader. The blue and yellow is invizx also not leader but an excellent supple mainline. I used blue label last couple years and this year Ill be trying the premier.

I used nothing but the new Seaguar STS Leader across the board last year on all my set-ups from 4-6lb in the creeks, 10lb for walleye, 12lb for browns, 20lb for Salmon.  It worked great - I had no issues with it whatsoever and best of all, it's way cheaper then some of the other stuff and comes in 100yd spools.

http://www.fishusa.com/product/Seaguar-STS-TroutSteelhead-Fluorocarbon-Leader-Material?utm_source=google_ps&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_ps&gclid=CjwKEAjw56moBRD8_4-AgoOqhV4SJADWWVCccyxbjclWsGPla9ml5RrMsNvM04UMPEoa88ffoz_bZBoC7oLw_wcB

• 9 months later...