Sellers Be aware of scams

Just wanted to give you all a heads up. I had placed an ad on craigslist for a truck i was selling. I got a 7 Scam replies. One of them was a guy who said he was from TN but working in London as an engineer. He wanted to send me a check with an extra amount to pay for the shipping back to his home in TN. He said that his buddy in Idaho will set up the shipping arrangements all I have to do is cash the "certified check" and with the extra money pay the shipper once they come. I knew this was a scam and after looking into this more I found a website from the FBI about this very scam. I called them about this email and they said what the scammers do is, Make a deal to buy something. Then pay extra to have it shipped to another state. You'll get the check and deposit it. after 2 days the banks cashes the check and puts the money in your account. You call them back to let them know that the check has been cashed. They then cancel the transaction and tell you they want thier money back, most times telling you to keep $200 for inconvienence. You send them the money back. No Problems right, you made $200? Well because the check comes from another country, the bank cashes the check in 2 days but it won't clear for 30 days. You send the money and then the bank finds out it is a fake check, your out that money you sent. these scams are be done out of West Africa and Nigera according to the FBI.

we sell dogs and that last ones we were selling we had the same thing happen 3 times. they called were going to send a check and we were to send the extra cash to some person who would be over later in the week to pick up the dog and shipp it. we called the cops and they said there is nothing they can do.

for some reason i recieve emails 3-4 times a week from people around the world offering me large sums of money to "help" them. most of the time they ask for all of your personal info: name, address, phone number, ss#, etc

here is one i received yesterday:

Hello,

My name is Mrs. Maria Johnson.I am a dying woman who had decided to

donate what I have to you. I am 59 years old and was diagnosed for

cancerabout 2 years ago,immediately after the death of my husband, who had left me everything he worked for.I have been touched by God to donate fromwhat I have inherited from my late husband to the you for the good work of God,rather than allow my relatives to use my husband's hard earned

funds ungodly.I will be going in for an operation,and i pray that i

survive the operation. I have decided to WILL/donate the sum of

$10,500,000(Ten million five hundred thousand dollars) to you for the good work

of the lord,and to help the motherless,less privileged and also for

the assistance of the widows.Presently,I have informed my lawyer about my

decision in WILLING this fund to you.I wish you all the best and may

the good Lord bless you abundantly, and please use the funds well and

always extend the good work to others.Kindly Contact my lawyer through

this email address ( ) or you can call

his private line : +447024053733. if you are interested in carrying

out this task,so that he can arrange the release of the funds

($10,500,000.00) to you. My lawyer's name is Barrister Walter Ashdown.I know I

have never met you but my mind

tells me to do this,and i hope you act sincerely.

Thank you and God bless you.

Maria Johnson

ok here is another this in seen in the paper about 2 months ago they call you and tell you that you have won a tv or some other great prize all you have to do is call this # to claim. when you call the # they charge you over $2000 a min well they get your info!! they do send you a tv or what ever you wonbut then when you get your phone bill you will see they have also charged you about 10,000 in phone charges. and there is nothing the gov can do becouse it is out of the us you are calling.