Field and Stream Stores

Went to Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday and of course did my discount duuuuubble check with the guy behind the counter and "nope" "sorry" "we don't carry that".  That's when he told me that Field and Stream (Dick's owns) store that is opening up is going after the outdoor sportsman market and that the store is going to compete with the Cabela's and the Bass Pro Shop's and the Gander mountains which I said, it won't be hard to compete with Gander Mountain.  He claimed they have a dedicated fly shop, a larger selection of hunting and fire arms and even a marine area.  The Store in Horseheads is supposed to be the flag ship store meaning they want it to be impressive which is something residents down here in the southern tier will not be use to.  They expect people to travel to it like they do to Auburn and Hamburg.  Slated to open in October.

After doing some research, I see that this is relatively new store concept.  There are 2 stores.  1 near Pitt and 1 in Kentucky.  They are also opening one in Rochester at Market place Mall later on.  Cabelas is opening a store in Cheektowaga near Buffalo this year.  Way to go Andy!!! :mooning:

My opinion is that the worse that can happen is that the store will have junk that I can get for half the price on Amazon.  I have some reservations but the hype has got a little buzz to it.  After this winter, I think I can get excited about just about anything.  I think next weekend I will read the stocking report off the DEC website.

Joe

The one at Marketplace is supposed to be across the parking lot from Dick's, where DSW was. Saw a brief mention of it somewhere recently. Any competition is a good thing!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bass pro shop ,gander mountain and now field and stream will make sure that there is very little difference in price between them,so no, the new store will not be cheaper