Early Spring Public Shore Fishing On or Near Canandaigua Lake?

Whole group of fishermen talking about Barbie poles! Dam its been a long winter. We can probably keep this going a couple more weeks. With the extended forecast looks like we will have to. Got that rod also Nick the faster you crank the more it lights up! :). Im about ready to troll in the kids fish tank. What size spoon works for gold fish?

there use to be access off the city pier at the end of rt. 332 use to fish there quite a bit in college about 12 or 15 years ago. may have changed. use to murder the smelt down there too when we hit it rite!!

there use to be access off the city pier at the end of rt. 332 use to fish there quite a bit in college about 12 or 15 years ago. may have changed. use to murder the smelt down there too when we hit it rite!!

Hi, insufishent!

Thank you for the advice. I know there is still a park there, but can I ask what you used to be able to catch from that spot? Are there trout in close early in the season?

Thanks again, we very much appreciate the help!

-CF

No trout on the pier, very small panfish.

'bows were slim pickins it did happen but quite a bit of panfish, bass, and some pickerel.

Hey guys, thank you very much for the info! That's exactly the kind of info I was hoping to learn. Any ideas where else my wife and I might try this time of year to cast to some trout? We'd greatly appreciate any advice you can offer to us.

Thank you very much for your help!

-CatFisher

If you want to fish Seneca , Samson State park , Lodi State park all have water access timing for fish in close to shore is iffy but they do come in casting distance.

On Cayuga Tunkanhock Falls (sp?) has very good access right to deep water also................. 

If you want to fish Seneca , Samson State park , Lodi State park all have water access timing for fish in close to shore is iffy but they do come in casting distance.

On Cayuga Tunkanhock Falls (sp?) has very good access right to deep water also................. 

Thank you, Erabbit, that's great to know too! I've honestly never been fishing on Seneca, so maybe we'll give that a try as well.

We appreciate the info, thanks for the help!

-CF

Thank you, Erabbit, that's great to know too! I've honestly never been fishing on Seneca, so maybe we'll give that a try as well.

We appreciate the info, thanks for the help!

-CF

You welcome........ also a Annual Empire Passport Available for only $65*, the 2014 Passport is accepted now through March 31, 2015 - See more at: http://nysparks.com/admission/empire-passport/default.aspx#sthash.dKQZDE4g.dpuf

will get you into all of them for the year + many more.......

if your willing to drive a bit north go to the genny the piers extend well out into the lake and you can get trout there from late fall all through winter and into spring some days are better than others  but theres always a chance and you can hit i bay or a stream on the way home

Barbie poles......Best day I ever had fishing was watching my 4yo daughter cast from shore with her pink Disney Princess pole (single split shot, bobber, and trout worm), in Lake Erie and out fish 2 A$$###es in a new ranger bass boat who couldnt help themselves from using their bow mounted trolling motor to get so close she could cast onto the boat. Their presence was irrelevant, as she caught a smallie every cast while throwing rocks in the water and those fine examples of human beings got blanked.  Karma is.....well karma.  Great teaching moment when your 4yo asks "Pappa if they are on their boat why do they have to get so close to us, we dont do that on our boat?", no sweetheart we dont........here grab this bass by the lip, hold it up and show them so they can see.......  

I respect those poles.........