Finger lakes 2014

A buddy's whose in-laws live in Skaneatles sent it. I've heard old timers say that Cayuga has froze over by T-Falls..........but I find it hard to believe there's been too many winters colder than this.

I'm an avid winter fisherman and I've been twice this yeat!

I have been making regular trips up the our camp for the last month. The south end froze out to the wooden piling out front of the inlet. But the lake is definitely cold. A couple weeks ago on a cold evening, I was amazed to watch the glaze over with ice when the wind layed down. That was across from AES .A few hours later the wind picked up a bit and the broke up and sounded like millions of crickets. Just was awesome.

John,

Any info on the T-Falls launch would be appreciated!

Has the Parks cleared the ice chunks etc?

When the next thaw hits there has to be more damage.

thanks

Ken

Ken, I am heading up to camp again this Saturday with a load of prepainted molding I have been working on during the week.. I will update you if the park has the launch open yet. Let's touch base via cellphone. As soon as the launch opens I need to get my 16ft boat in and transport a boat hoist before the water comes up.

Seneca also had significant in about 1977 when the whole northern half of Seneca was frozen as far as the eye could see. The pike fishing at the north end was phenomenal...10-20 pounders all over the ice and a few in excess of 20lbs and I've never seen so many at one time before or since. I limited out (all between 10 and 20) and even little kids were catching huge ones on tip ups with their parents assisting them. I don't know what the status of the south end was then but it was frozen at least to Dresden.

• 2 weeks later...

m OST FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE SENECA HAS FROZE OVER SOLID TO BUT IN THE 70 S IT DID AND BEFORE THAT IT FROZE SO SOLID THEY HAD HORSES ON IT... OLD TIMERS CHASED DUCKS OUT OF WATER THEY WERE GETTING STUCK IN THE SLUSH BEFORE THE WATER FROZE ...LEO RORICK OF LODI LOST A HUGE RAFT OF DECOYS THAT DAY ,,HAND CARVED ,,,, OOPS SORRY FOR SHOUTING TO LAZY TO RETYPE ..GOOD FISHING ALL SEE YOU FOR THE TROUT DERBY