Cosmetic suggestion

Rippin'Line

So I picked up a 21' Penn Yan last year and with the amount off time I had it was either sitting in the boathouse or out fishing. This year I live a little bit closer so I'm repainting the bottom, new emblems, and other cosmetic projects. My question is what products would you guys recommend to shine up the red stripe along the side. I've seen several deoxidation products and the one I bought didn't give me the results I was hoping to get. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

i agree with g-daddy,i use 3m rubbing compound which you can get from napa.if you have or can borrow an electric buffer that would make the project alot qiucker and easier.just becareful on stickers and decals not to burn through them.once you are done,then go over again with colonite marine and aironitics wax.she sure will shine!!!if you have problems with swirl marks try wetting the buffer pad every so often.

You can get a  cheap buffer for about 25 bucks. I have found that NuFinish in the Orange bottle is great.I use it on my 86 Bayliner & can still see myself in it. Super easy to recoat after a few apps.  I Put it on my 17 yr old Fiberglass tub/shower last week & it looks new again . Wife was impressed. When I bought the boat new, I went to the auto parts store & Tim Andrus sold me some Airplane wax he used on his. That stuff was awesome! It rubed out anything and shined great. . I attribute the good  finish on the boat now to using that earlier.

I Swear by 3M Cleaner and wax or Restorer and wax. Cleaner works great for most Oxidation and the Restorer works for more severe Oxidation. An electric buffer is a must. Make sure you wash any dirt off the boat first. I had a dark purple stripe on my Baja sport boat that was really faded on the bow. I had to go over it several times with the cleaner & wax but it was shinning like brand new with great depth. I also have a Penn Yan with the Maroon and I hit some of the faded areas real quick this fall to see if they would come back and had promising results. I have tried many similar products on my boats over the years and none have worked as well and some have actually done more harm than good.