L.O.C. question

LOU members,

I have a question regarding how the LOC decides who gets the opportunity to sell the "license" to fish in the challenge? It appears that there might be something not right or fair going on with this. I talked to a bait shop and their not going to be allowed to sell the license for the LOC and cannot get a straight answer on why. It cannot be that only one shop per area can sell them because there are areas that have multiple locations. Is it possible that one store could be treated favorably over another? That wouldn't seem fair, especially for something as big as this and how much public participation takes place.

I appreciate any help with this. Tight Lines,

Steve

try contacting Dave Chilson through the LOC derby website, link on the side of this page, his website lists a contact "ESLO" head quarters but it should get you through directly or the phone numbers are also listed there.

Steve, I don't think it is so much a sticky question, as to some simply don't know . Myself included. I have often wondered why it is , that come the Orleans Co. derby time, that Capt. Cove doesn't sell the entires but Narbys' does. I support and patronize them both- having said that.

Reason I bring this up is I know a shop that wants to get this and opens very early to accommodate fishers but has to turn them down and send them off to another store that might "open" on time, sometimes hours later. If I was running this tourney I would want every bait store/tackle shop to sell the license not a select few.

I will email Mr. Chilson and see if he can clarify the process that is used to determine who sells these and who cannot.

Thanks again to all.

Steve

Steve, thanks for taking an interest in this and letting us know. Dave has responded to this board in the past. Just last year, Mark AKA, ReelJerks wanted to know why it was that rec boat names were not appearing on the LOC leader board . He made a post, followed by many posts in agreement, Dave heard the public input, so I believe he changed the policy so each weigh station could use their own discretion that if a name was not offensive, then it would be posted. So good luck and keep us posted. Lastly, if you find out he is in a good mood the day you talk to him, ask him about moving the cut-off for weigh ins back to 9:00 p.m. for the fall derby :) That I know, many of us would like to see-

things have changed so mush since the starting of this derby , i use too fish with dick .S that started it and would listen too his storys of driving up and down the lake , rounding up volunters and such i know back in his day non of that would of happend , i also remeber turning are fish in @ the weight station and getting raffle tickets back (as a kid) and winning all kinds of tackle and lurers. and now the last fish i took in too get weighed the guy at the station first words , THATS NOT BIG and did"nt want too weigh it 12th place brown ! kind of takes the fun out of it for the kids too and they are the future of this sport ! i dont now about other people but i had a blast in the 80s fishing the lake with my uncle and father , but now i take my son and its just not the same as when i was a kid , wish it would take a turn for the fish in people !

I hope that was in jest Ray? I really feel its inappropriate for a public servant not to respond to a question. Either that or I'm just getting Grumpy waiting to find out if I can make it out this weekend!

Tight lines,

steve

Okay, I'll admit that I have my Dumb @## hat on. This was supposed to go on the other thread about boat access. My fault.

course it was in jest i know Mr. Bush is kinda busy now,i called Dave Chilson last year bout a issue and he was right on top of things hadda call his cell phone,anytime you feel like you did or said something stupid you can post a photo of me for a stupid "emoticon"i know it kind of a pain to look around for a LOC shop but being a lakewide event im shure they feel like they gots to many now .kinda like a stripper derby on the whole hudson with 100 shops calling in the results , instead of a given port derby youd need a army of volenteers to do the job or just one MARINE

Hello, this is Michele from Captain's Cove responding to Steve. First, thank you for patronizing Captain's Cove. We will be selling tickets for the Orleans County Derby this year. In fact, we already have the info on site. Tickets weren't sold in the past because of a conflict between the previous Cove owner and the Orleans County Derby organizers.

Michele, this is Duane who made mention about patronizing Captain's Cove :) Glad to hear that you will be selling the Orleans Co. Derby tickets as well. Hope to see you shortly- ScottB-I believe she was referring to my post from page 1 --- HeavenBound