North end Seneca

I want to get the boat out for the first time this weekend but nasty nw winds so lake O is out. Does anyone do anything good at north end (Geneva) this time of year

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would avoid lady o for s while. Il the ice is still very dangerous. And a few miles out in certain places. Seneca north end can produce as well as mid lake and the south end.

Good luck. Stay safe

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yea i live on lady O. Ive been watching her and waiting to get out there. I am just going to go out of the river and troll right outside of it but not with nw winds. Hopefully i can make it to seneca saturday. Just want to get her out and make sure all is good and catch a few fish if possible

You may need to launch at roys Marina on the west side or even a bit further south to severene. I was at sodus a week and half ago, ice was a few hundred yards out from north end launches/canal..

I know that in the summer its somewhat skinny and the lake is about a foot low give or take a few inches. There were plenty of boats out last weekend I went by perch fishing from what it looked, but not sure if they launched there or were lift boats.

Nick

The Geneva launch is frozen this morning not sure about Roy's but I will check it this afternoon. I am planning on going out Saturday too. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1395146661.519672.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

ok thank you.

Sampson is froze...but Lodi point is not..little bit further but another spot to try. Severn launch was also good to go.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

ill check them out thank you

Stopped by Roy's this afternoon it was ice free but Larry said there was a thin coat in there this morning that the first boat out broke through. The launch needs to be dredged out but most people have been able to just drive out on the gravel and launch from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by FLXWaterfowler