south end of seneca

i hear you on the iffy weather my last check put it at NW 12 mph i know if its west enough i can fish the west side no problem but if it turns north i gotta go.  I only get a chance to get out evey other weekend so i'm going one way or the other if the water is completely unfishable i will go icefishing i'm just sick of drilling holes.  I always have  a back up plan but sometimes real time reports are the best intellegence to have.  we'll have to see what its like tomarrow at noon when i'm ready to leave and i'll pick which gear to load than.

You're right about it being best to get real time report on the weather....sometimes those weather reports are way off both in  terms of speed and direction.

Seneca lake is the easiest lake to fish. It took me 3 yes to figure it out. I know where to go at what season to catch fish. I give pointers out even helped couple guys catch winning derby fish. You just need to put time on the lake.

REEL time with Seneca is as iffy as the weatherman , it can change that fast !!!!

no lies there i was out with my step son at the north end a couple years ago anchored on the dropoff trying to jig and use bait.  wind turned south and within a few mins waves were starting to crash over the bow.  we pulled anchor and got out quick was a great leason to teach him to always keep on eye on whats going on around you. 

It sounds like you guys might better be Perch fishing if you're going to Seneca Lake. Any good perch fishing results yet?

Guys have been fishing perch for last couple months out of Severne but you will never see a post on it. The same boats are out every day so they got to be doing something.

had to tried stoped at the chamber in geneva and decided it wouldnt be worth the drive south the wind was due north so we fished out of there hoping there might be some browns or maybe a bow in the mud plumes form the creeks.  fishing was cold and all we caught was one big pickeral couldnt find more than 1 degree gemp difference and i dont know how many trout use those creeks to begain with oh well the boat ran nice andi got all the equipment ready for the year. maybe the weather will play nice and my next trip out can be Lake O