diver digger

I was just looking at a you tube video on michigananglar.com of a 10oz. lead weight that is add to dipsy diver to help get deeper with less line out. Has anyone tried these or seen the video? They say, depending on speed, this additional weights should get you down 110 feet on setting 2 with 180' of line out. PJ

Not for nothing, but you can get down 110' with a mag diver #1 setting out about 230-240' . Its not 180', but only 50-60' more w/o junk hanging off the diver.

I'm with him ^.  Seems a little to complicated and cumbersome having all that hanging off whether bringing in a fish or setting it up.  

How would it work trying to net a fish and that weight dangling around slapping the pole and crap?

Let me know if anyone tries to use one this year I would like to hear some opinions on it.

The digger diver has NO junk hanging off it........ I bought some for the dipsy and slide diver have not run them yet but they will be just the same as before  , just change out the weight they come with with the digger weight............

I just looked at the video again and I really think the value is in being able to be on a #2 or #3 setting and less line. Maybe 40 or 50 feet does not mean much but IMHO getting away from the boat with less line is important but I do not know so I think I may try them. I was hoping that someone had tried these already and could save me some money by telling me they do not work!! I do not see anything more than the dipsy would be flying around it would have more weight to it so watch your heads but not like the Torpedo weights that would have another weight clipped to diver. 

But with that weight on it won't it just pull it closer to the boat?  I'm not saying it isn't a good idea but I feel like the torpedo on the bottom defeats the purpose of the dipsy pulling it horizontally away from the boat to run multiple dipsy setups.

Edited by Chas0218