Vector riggers

Matt,

I too looked into them before I got my Scotties. If i remember correctly they dont have shut offs when the ball reaches the surface. That might be a problem coming from cannons where your used to the short stops.

Guest ReelDiel

i think they are a little pricey i would go scotties first...or if i was going to spend some serious money those top of line canons with the depth tracking

Go with the new Cannon Mag 5 HS. Cabela's has them at $350.00 standard, where you are paying $699.00 for a Vector. The mag 5 pulls a weight at 250 feet per minute compared to 190 for the Vector. I must say however, that I feel the retreival rates are overblown as far as speed. I have the Cannon Digi-trol IV's and I have them set for the middle setting as far as descent and retreival. That said however, you are also getting the short stop on the Cannon's, which stops at waters edge. Again, you can pick up 2 of the Mag 5 for the price for one Vector.

I had the chance to view the cannon mag5hs - NOT Impressed. 24" lexan boom, no swievel base, etc.

Scotty is the way to go. VEctors are sweet also. Matt - I can show you Shorthandeds boat this springwith the victor riggers. P.S> I am also docked next to you now :?

Steve, Cabelas' advertises the Mag. 5 HS with a 24" heavy duty boom. Also, the lack of a swivel base is irrelevent when fishing straight off the back and not using them as an outdown. I haven't seen the new models as of yet however. I'm saying for the money compared to a Vector that they would be worth looking at. Also, they claim to be able to pull a 20 # weight which in itself is impressive to me.