Raymarine Vs Simrad

Huntfrisco

I apologze for beating this to death. Rigging a new boat is stressful, however this site has a wealth of information with that I'm seeking more.

Any thoughts out there on the Raymarine S1000 compared to the Simrad AP12H. I have a 20" Lund on order with hydraulic steering and as I stated earlier I want to do it right.

After further investigation, I'm finding that the price difference is a few hundred dollars, so it's doable!

There was some low speed trolling issues with the early S1000 and it seems to be corrected with software updates.

How about low trolling speeds with the Simrad and how simple is the installation.

Thanks

Ken

Simrad!! had a sportpilot+ and it never worked right (though I will admit I did buy it used on ebay so it may have been effed up when I got it). 2 years with a Simrad AP14R on the 24' Thompson and it is awesome. I'll never have another boat without an AP on it.

Tim

Hey tim just brought the boat home from storage!! I am going to spend tommarrow morning getting it ready and reloading it! I am going to get the measurements for the new steering cable, and try and get it ordered within the week $$ depending. Give me a call or a number where I can give you a ring,

Thanks

ttys

Jax

The Raymarine unit I'm refering to is the S1000, I have a sportpilot so I'm trying to decide between the AP12h, AP14H. or the S1000!

Is there a large advantage between the AP12 & the AP14 other than digital readouts? I understand there are the same units other than the AP14 is mobile while the AP12 is stationary!

Is this correct?

Hey tim just brought the boat home from storage!! I am going to spend tommarrow morning getting it ready and reloading it! I am going to get the measurements for the new steering cable, and try and get it ordered within the week $$ depending. Give me a call or a number where I can give you a ring,

Thanks

ttys

Jax

Jax,

you have a PM.

Tim