3/14 SENECA AND 3/15

MAN I COULD WRITE A STORY HERE ..OK AS IM DRIVING TOWARDS THE LAKE OFF TO MY RIGHT I SEE A WOODCHUCK STEPING FROM THE GRASS TO A 20FT SNOWCRUSTED HILL WELL HIS LITTLE TOE NAILS.sorry bout the shouting anyways his toenails musta kept growing all winter and he took off like a bobsled down that bank after bout 10 ft he gets a grip with his r. foot spinns around and puts it in over drive to get back up the hill ...,,well being the kinda guy i am i lay on the horn and that little succer throws it 4 wheel drive and bout dug himself a new hole.....anyways i digress...........15 to 20 lakers 1 brown 1 landlock 9 miles on about 1 gal gas with the new honda kicker that should pay for itsself in one season.gonna give it another shot in the morning ..gotta go

i know the small boat is nice 22ft is perfect for me it can take 5t6ftrs with no problem and ya can trailer it anywhere,now for a little followup on that honda kicker moter i dont know where they came up wqith a 1/2 gal per hour trolling ,jason and i put about 8plus hrs today trolling with all the zigging and zagen put better than 24miles on it and used just over 2 gals. that will pay for itself in one season....... anyways the fishing was pretty good we did well over 30 fish the lakers were really nice looking many 4/5/6 lbrs good body shape despite 90% or better had ell marks did not pull one fish in with ell still attached ,got one of those 2 moulth fish kinda neat we even had a quad going with several doubles .today was a 10 as far as fishing on seneca ...coulda used a few more landlocks but we left fish to find fish not that it mattered as they were everywhere.. if anyone toled me i could troll all day on 2 gal gas i would of told them they were nuts gotta go eat..........hey moto you missed a great day no rain and bookoo fish

The lamprey marks have been getting more common over the last couple of years, haven't they?

I have yet to have one stay attached up to the boat in the last 2 decades. There seems to be much better fishing lately...more trout...TONS more pike...and more of those eels.

ya thxs for calling me back last night , had my stuff all packed up like a little kid , was waiting for the call , didnt want too bug ya, and the phone never rang , lol just kidding drank way too much green beer and slept till noon , i seen ya called around 8 a.m that new engine sounds like a dream come true ! pm me about the lures i am selling ! hers the link . http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtp ... BIQ3aMESOI

you know when fishing is good is when you open a beer take a drink rods fire take another drink to finish you beer. go fight the fish. put downrigger back down. walk to the front to grab a new beer open it, turn around and your rod is pound with another fish. the best part is when we had 4 fish on at once and we never spilled an ounce of beer.

r/cut in jan every fish (almost) had the eels attatched.maybe the colder water now 43 deg. in jan 36to38 yesterday is making them drop or they might be getting ready to hit the creeks to spawn.whatever the reason the marks on most of the fish wernt done by no 6or7"eel,these were more like onterio sized marks 1to 1.5" in dia..TD. hot spoon was ..........green dolphin 80 down 2.5 to2.7 for lakers (25%) the other 75% came on a ????????????i forgot sorry .....wait green spin dctr/with siggs rig green fly,,8hp..moto good thing you bellied up on us or we would of had 6 on at once and that would of crowded the back of the boat.ditto what jason said 1to3 fish per beer instead of 1to 3 beers to 1 fish.i need to get a counter for days like that one of those mechanicle clicker ones ,or a nice warm swimsuit wearing one sorta like Joy(our pro am observer for you new guys)as usual on seneca when the wind shifted to the north the fishing went nuts.probly shulda deployed the boards and went for the landlocks them 2 to 3 ftrs usually gets em fireing..maybe next time .Jason gonna haveta cancel tomorrows cayuga trip i gotta take my 3000.00 beagle back to the vets for followup on his surgery.should bump the price up to 3250.00...his value is going up faster than the price of gas..

Ray- Honda kicker sounds like the real deal trolling motor. We may all be buying one soon with the gas prices going up more in time for boating. Are you sure you aren't getting kickbacks from Honda or Arnie's for the Honda plug? Congrats on the recent success.:)

no kickbacks .if its a good thing i share if i get bad service or product i will double share .my old 9.9would go maybe 9 or10 hrs on 6 gal. then i moved up to a 8 hp 1984 and i could get full day 12 to 14 hrs on 6 gal.so im shure i doubled my gas millage my 120hp inboard would of used 10 to 15 gal a day trolling ...now before ya jump the bandwagon ya gotta remember i ant right so in the summer im on the water at 0430 and dont come in till dark so im shure the big boy is at 1 gal hr trolling,but more important (i think) will be the stealth of new moter very quiet and little vibes cables look good no rodtip shake now i need a stronger kicker plate and i will at least add 1/4"rubber between the kicker and the plate and isolate the mounts too if it looks safe...just had a nice plate of slow cooked properly cleaned laker and pike simmered in butter with a splash of tangy citrus stir fry sauce..gonna save the landlock for supper.musky wipe the drewl off your keyboard....

Ray.....I see that your looking for a mount with some grapes. I added this to my boat last year. Pretty tough mount, but will cost ya a few buck$

http://www.jrmarineproducts.com/

Pqpmfpr.jpg

If you would like anymore info let me know. In the mean time don't forget to use the LOU duct tape :? when you have guests onboard that you would like to come back for another trip. ;)

Your LOU brother..........

i fished with ray saturday and love how his little 8 hp kicker ran. i was impressed as for as long as we trolled and use of very little gas. 3 gallons i believe. trolled from 11 hrs on $12.00. the beer cost more the gas.

Anyone thinking about a kicker. I put on a 8hp kicker last yr. I installed a hr meter on each engine. Last yr fishing lakeontario I put seven hrs on the kicker for every hr I put on the main motor. I never did the gallon per hr thing but I probably will this year. Both engines pull from the same gas tank. Just a guess would be 75% less gas.

A kicker is also a great safety item if your main motor konks out. Its also a great way to explain the purchase to the wife.

I also think there is something to the quietness and stealth.

• 2 weeks later...

Ray/Jason....for what it's worth. Cayuga lake level is up. Was only about a foot low Saturday when we were fishin. The inlet is wide open and vary little debris so if your thinkin about Cayuga, Treman will accommodate you.