Lund guys!

To the guys who have Lunds I have a question. I have a 1650 rebel xl and want input about rod tracks. I went to both sportsman shows and heard what they all had to say but I want to hear from the guys that put them to work. I have a board going across mounted between the Lund down rigger mounts, with two Penn fathom master riggers. In the middle I have two plastic Scotty rod holders. They are a pain to get the rods in and out of plus when using planners they basically go over the down riggers went set out. I'm looking for no drill tracks to mount a rod holder on each side to start. Any input on best tracks, and place to purchase in Buffalo area for a reasonable price would be greatly appreciated.

Lund makes a mounting plate that fits their track. You can attach a rod holder base to them if you want to but you may come to regret it!! I attached this Scotty base and was trolling a 10 ft Talora roller rod dragging a dipsy on SS wire with. Flasher and fly. The rod took a hit and the Lund plate fractured and I watched my rod and rod holder fall in sink out of sight!! That sucked!

As luck would have it, as the rod sunk, the reel handle hooked itself on the downrigger cable!! The fish had come off and when I pulled the downrigger, I discovered the rod and recovered it!!! My lucky day!! Lesson to self!! If fishing Kings, Never put your good rods in anything but metal holders securely attached!! post-149001-13957439013886_thumb.jpg

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2

I used the traxtech mounts that go into the Lund track on you gunnels to mount 24" tracks on each side of my Rebel. I then mounted cannon DRs and Berts Rachetting rod holders in the tracks (Adjusting as required depending on type of fishng).

The mounts and tracks worked great, were very strong , and the berts rod holders worked excellent for board fishng in sprig and also handled dipsey rods the best of any rod holders I have used.

I got my tracks mounts at Seager marine in Canadaguia

This setup allowed me to change boat setup and fish other species if so desired

LOL, I had forgot about the ones that fit in the track. I wasn't thinking clearly in my response. I do wish I had known about them prior to installing mine.

Although with as quick and easy as the tackle industry is making stuff to be mounted and removed does anyone have any greater fears for losing gear to thiefs?

I lock my riggers when I'm on a trip, but rod holders and a screw away from being gone..........

Spike

Unscrew and throw them in the back of the truck the Lund down rigger mounts only take a minute and those are off and locked in the bed of the truck

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I just bought 2 of the cisco set-ups that mount into the sport tracks in the gunnels of my Sport Angler.

They each have two rod holders bolted to the brackets that attach into the T-slots.

I wish I could tell you how they work, but the damn ice is keeping me from launching.

They are rugged as all get out and a bit pricey, but I figure you get what you pay for.

Boat Safe

Egoody

I bought 4 of the Tracker Versa Track Mounts to mount my riggers in the track but I didn't have very good luck with them. I just couldn't get them to seat right in the track. Cisco told me the 2012 Tracker is the only year that the gunnel has a lip on the inside corner that prevents the mount from seating right. If I didn't have rod lockers in the gunnels, I'd mount a track for them but that's out of the question. I need to mount a board across the back to mount the riggers on. And I'll use those mounts for the down east rod holders I use.  I still think Cisco makes a great product. I should add that those scratches aren't from the Cisco mount, they're from homemade mounts I made for the rod holders.

post-151648-0-53851800-1395770787_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thun

Just bought 2 of the Cisco's for my brother's lund, he has the Predator, those mounts are worth every penny. You just need to check if the track on your boat has a 90 degree angle on it or 42 degree. I bought the 90's and then had to exchange them.

Thanks for all the replies and pictures I have to see if anyone carries them in the area. I don't mind ordering online but I feel like I'd be more comfortable seeing it in hand without shipping it back if needed.

Thanks for all the replies and pictures I have to see if anyone carries them in the area. I don't mind ordering online but I feel like I'd be more comfortable seeing it in hand without shipping it back if needed.

Anchor Marine is an authorized dealer. They might have what you're looking for.

New York Authorized Dealers

Grand Island, New York

(716) 773-7063

I also ave a Rebel 1650 XL Sport.

I have (4) Bert's Ratchet Rod Holders mounted to Bert's tracks. The tracks are held on by Lund aluminum down rigger mounting attachments, which I purchased from my local Lund dealer. These fit into the Lund gunnel track system. I modified the aluminum rigger holders by cutting down the width to the same size as the Bert's tracks and drilling and tapping a few 1/4-20 holes for the track bolts. See the attached pics.

This is rock solid. If you grab a rod holder and pull real hard the whole side of the hull will flex just slightly.

These rod holders are great for running in-line boards and dipsy divers. You just grab the rod and tilt it up/back towards the boat and pull the rod straight up and out.

I tried some Traxstech mounts but they were no wheres near as solid and they marked/removed some paint on my gunnels. They had a lot of sharp edges.

post-150820-0-07353100-1389025024_thumb.jpg
post-150820-0-75396100-1389024998_thumb.jpg
Edited by Trout Bum

That's where I bought my boat won't buy another thing there. Truly the worst experience ever there multiple times.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I've bought 3 boats from them in the last 8 years and have been happy every time.

Would the Scotty Striker rod holders work?  They say they were designed for Halibut, Muskie, and Sturgeon.  Those are all pretty big fish.  I also saw a guy with a Lund who had Down-east rod holders for dipsies.  He liked them because you just pick the rod right up from the rod holder.