1992 Sylvan 21' Offshore gas tanks

Danl851

Clean them how?  Like remove varnish from the inside?  

I heard of people dumping some gravel into the tank and putting it in the back of their car while driving around for a week then rinsing them out really good.  I never tried it but I would make sure to wash the gravel to get rid of any small particles.

You could also try mineral spirits and leave it in there for a little while turning it onto different sides and let the mineral spirits work on the varnish.

It is a job getting them out. U have to pull the floor up and locate the screws were they are mounted there should be spray fome. Around. It u need to cut a little. All around it or leave it in and used mineral spirits and hook up the boat and take for a ride should do it two times drein. And put five gallon of hi test gas in it should be fine

Sent from my VS870 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i replaced the gas lines on my 1984 Islander. it was a very good thing. The pre 2000 gas lines are not ethanol resistant and they will get eaten up by the alcohol. I did both the intake and the exit lines. The intake line was encased in foam,but it was also rotten and leaking. You will have to lift the floor,but it is well worth it

We pulled the float level and siphoned the gasoline out with a hose through the drain plug. Then we used rags on a metal coat hanger to wipe the inside of the rest of the gasoline, gunk and water. This is dangerous but it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app