Oswego Net Pens (Thank You)

WOW, best turn out in 15 years yesterday for our annual spring Oswego Net Pen maintenance day. Thanks to the 30 plus guys who showed and worked through the snow, rain and wind. 80,000 Chinook fingerlings will be delivered next week, 1/2 of which will be penned and taken care of for the next month. These fish will smolt and imprint as well as acclimatize to the water in Oswego while in pens and will be protected from predation then released for their future fall returns.

Please keep in mind feedings will continue over the next 4-5 weeks, contact me via text, FaceBook etc to help

Tom

Edited by A-TOM-MIK

This coming Saturday is the date April 5th

I am not sure to what extent work needs to be done but marina Manager is getting with me as soon as he can

I will update this thread with a time dependent upon weather, sometime from 9 till 11am I am thinking

Tom

April 5th is the confirmed date: 9 am Oswego Marina East side

Pens have been removed from storage already and we put them on up on cinder blocks as we are getting new wheels welded on

Shouldn't take long, 2-3 hours tops

Tom

Edited by A-TOM-MIK

• 3 weeks later...

To the person who asked how big our baby kings were and about release times:

When our Kings are delivered they average about 120 fish per lb. (3.78 gms ea.)

Release time is dictated by a few factors: Water temp. and/or amount of food left.

Usually upon release our Kings will increase in size to about 80 fish per lb. (5.67 gms ea.)

On several occasions our fish have literally doubled in size in 4-5 weeks to 60 fish per lb.

Great question

Tom