Cross bow Approval

lineman49

FYI.;   Got news this Am.;   Pending approval of the 2014-15 State budget by the St. Legislature.   The X-bow will be a legal hunting implement.  The X-bow can be used for small game & big game seasons, any that include firearms.   X-bow can also be used the last 14 days of the S.zone season & the last 10 days of the N. zone early bow season. 

Also the archery set back is 150' for archery equip.  &  250'  for the X-bow.

Still no X-bow use for Suffolk & Westchester co.'s

Is this just a 1 year approval or long term? If it's a short term law why would anyone spend the crazy $ on a x-bow knowing the law will expire.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Is this just a 1 year approval or long term? If it's a short term law why would anyone spend the crazy $ on a x-bow knowing the law will expire.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Doesn't really say & it also doesn't say if X-bows will be allowed in the regular archery season.  I think you can find info. at "nycrossbowcoalition.com"  They said more info. will be coming soon.

Doesn't really say & it also doesn't say if X-bows will be allowed in the regular archery season.  I think you can find info. at "nycrossbowcoalition.com"  They said more info. will be coming soon.

Lineman,

The new proposal will allow for crossbow use in the last two weeks of the archery season.

Lineman,

The new proposal will allow for crossbow use in the last two weeks of the archery season.

Yea, I guess I need to read my own posts,  lol.    Also got an update from N. Y. X-bow coalition stateing that "We get to use the X-bow the last 14 days of the S.zone  &  the last 10 days of N.zone regular archery seasons."

• 5 months later...

You can only use it the last 3 day of bow and the week of Bow/muzzleloader up north,they need to extend bow season,have a different week for crossbow and shorten the 6 week gun season and put horn restrictions state wide to get better deer?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

GiZ9219,

Not sure if you have the updated regs, but what I know based on the latest and greatest is that you can use a crossbow in the Southern Zone Nov 1st-14th (must posess a muzzeloader stamp)  Northern Zone is Oct 15th-24th which I think includes 7 day early Muzzle.  Heres the link  http://www.eregulations.com/newyork/hunting/deer-hunting-seasons/  The other stuff regarding deer management practices is a whole other conversation that Ill stay out of. 

Thanks,I said the last 3 days of bow and the week of muzzleloader up north,wasn't sure on southern,I will only use a compound so it doesn't affect me anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Edited by Giz9219