we fished the "oak" today….no docks are in,put in on the east side…..south wind blow at 20-25 mph,but very fishable. we limited out on browns and then some,averaged 5-8 lbs. we went 9 for 20. getting the boat out was a task with no docks. but we got it done. all fish were caught in stained water and it was spotty…..not bad for a shake down,all went well.

Awesome job. I took my boys for a car ride down to the point yesterday and seen you guys out there. Was great seeing a boat with rods set its been awhile. It definatly gave me a kick start to finish getin my boat ready. Did u have any issues with the ice chunks and debrie?

Mr Walleye, I was just working on some docks in the river, not fishing. With shore ice on parts of the river still, it is probably only in the mid 30's. The water should start warming up next week with the overnight lows mostly above freezing.

Did some trolling ,but just casting with a drift worked very well…..#5 #7 rap alas…perch color….hot steel….hot olive took the fish…no spoons. The ice wasn't bad but there was a lot of chunks drifting,not a place to open up the throttle…water temp all day was 34.5  fish didn't seem to mind the temp….the stained water was the secret…clear water didn't provide a bite.