Early Season Browns - Need Some Help

Never fished the Spring season for browns on LO. Always fish the summer for kings, lakers and browns. I usually fish out of Henderson Harbor, can you guys point me in the right direction of where to start trolling as well as what water depths to target in the Spring?

Thank you guys in advance for any info! Can't wait to get back up to LO and do I some fishing

Just a couple degrees of warmer water can make a HUGE difference also.

10-20 fow, smithwicks, rapalas off the boards, and spoons off the balls about 4-5 feet down, is the age-old programs that we use.

Early I fish sticks and stinger spoons off boards in 6-20 fow trolling at 2.5-3.5 mph. 10-12 lb. test back 50-150' off boards works fine.  As stated fish in colored water and don't hesitate to make a move if an area isn't producing. I fish out of Mexico, Port Ontario, Stony Creek and Henderson and all can be good. As water warms, stained inlets with a few degrees warmer water are generally great areas to look. When most water is clear and 38 degrees and you find colored water that is 42 degrees you definately want to work that area. Latter in the season move out deeper with riggers and other deeper tactics and you can stay on the browns well into the summer. Generally if you hit a fish, there will be more in the area. I've got some shalow areas marked on my GPS that produce year after year. Water color and temperature are key.

Early I fish sticks and stinger spoons off boards in 6-20 fow trolling at 2.5-3.5 mph. 10-12 lb. test back 50-150' off boards works fine.  As stated fish in colored water and don't hesitate to make a move if an area isn't producing. I fish out of Mexico, Port Ontario, Stony Creek and Henderson and all can be good. As water warms, stained inlets with a few degrees warmer water are generally great areas to look. When most water is clear and 38 degrees and you find colored water that is 42 degrees you definately want to work that area. Latter in the season move out deeper with riggers and other deeper tactics and you can stay on the browns well into the summer. Generally if you hit a fish, there will be more in the area. I've got some shalow areas marked on my GPS that produce year after year. Water color and temperature are key.

Thanks Kevin! Some great info there I appreciate it.