A true Seneca Giant

Lund SSS

Had one of those days when EVERYTHING was working and the fish were big. Around 11:00 the school shifted to the north and the size started to get larger and larger. Well lets just say after netting 4 or 5 perch..... I set the hook and NOTHING moved. My St. Croix buckled at the cork, thought I'd snagged one but NOPE this slob found her way to the Lund. 15" long and 12 1/4" girth hitting the scale @ 2.6 lbs.

post-140001-0-68357000-1396228528_thumb.jpgpost-140001-0-68505200-1396228625_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder if seneca perch are a special breed of perch.It might be a good idea to transplant some of these giants to sodus and see what happens.The pumokinseed are very large also.

I would like to transplant all of them :)   Yesterday, while getting bait at Sodus, I ran into a couple guys getting ready to go out. We started talking about Seneca and the one guy tells me he got a 3 lb perch! Yeah right, I thought he was full of it. So he showed me the pictures. Believe it. The beast was 16" and had a belly like a codfish. If it wasn't three, it was dam close. He also had a two pounder in another pict. next to it. You could easily see the difference. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to transplant all of them :)   Yesterday, while getting bait at Sodus, I ran into a couple guys getting ready to go out. We started talking about Seneca and the one guy tells me he got a 3 lb perch! Yeah right, I thought he was full of it. So he showed me the pictures. Believe it. The beast was 16" and had a belly like a codfish. If it wasn't three, it was dam close. He also had a two pounder in another pict. next to it. You could easily see the difference. 

I know of just such a place.......If told you I'd have to kill you. Sorry MY FISH IS STILL SWIMMING AND GROWING !!!!!!   

WHHooooooowwweeeee!!! They've got schools of jumbos like that in Seneca.....And U certainly know how to get 'em Steve! I'm thinking possible world records somewhere in the fingers, and maybe most likely Seneca. NNniiiiccee!