Okuma Coldwater Reels

Have any of you tried the Okuma Cold Water reels? Would like your opinions, I use Okuma Convectors now, they are ok I guess, they're better after Tunas got done with them. I am going to add 4 more outfits to a second boat, thought I might try something different.  Thanks

They have been amazing for us! Can't believe how cheap they are. We had one that had a defective drag out of the box (out of 16 we bought), okuma sent us a replacement and payed for shipping both ways.

I have two, one 45 spooled with 300 copper that's been flawless, and one 30 that's spooled with 30# powerpro for dipsy duty. The 30s' linecounter sticks occasionally on the way in but other than that it's been awesome. Contacted okuma and they said send it in no questions asked, and I'm the second owner of this reel. The newer issued ones are said to be relatively bug-free

I have several Cold Waters and they have worked great. Also they come with a very large carbon drag. I know that because I repair reels. After I purchased my Cold Waters I pulled them apart to upgrade the drags but to my surprise they already had a great system. Can't say the same for other makes. And the price is right.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I bought 2 last year....they sucked as far as drag working right.....contacted okuma......did the drag update that they recommended....still suck.....I have 12 of the magda 30;s for everything from riggers to wire dipsies   still the best reel okuma makes.....my opinion

Have any of you tried the Okuma Cold Water reels? Would like your opinions, I use Okuma Convectors now, they are ok I guess, they're better after Tunas got done with them. I am going to add 4 more outfits to a second boat, thought I might try something different.  Thanks

Great Reel. Not at the level of the Catalina but a step up from the Convectors. If you like your Convectors then you will like these that much more.  I have been slowly upgrading all of my Convectors to them.