My islander project is almost done

power dive

VERY-VERY nice, a lot of work but now you know what you got, A excellent looking and fishing boat that will serve you well for years to come. I basically did the same thing with a 1982 Sea Ray 22ft cuddy, I know first hand what you went through, as I did the whole ball of wax myself also.

Ya im sure I will have some bugs to clean up!!

Sent from my C771

I'm sure you will find some bugs I know I had quite a few and this year I will be brining her north for the first time in 2 years.

Nice work !! Weather finally broke enough so I could start work on mine today got the hardtop and rocket launcher on todayattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1396314627.245765.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

u have the same planer board reels and are in about the same location as mine are on my islander. Do u find that the line hangs up in the waves?

I'll get back to you on that. Just mounted hardtop launcher and reels today starting around noon. Still contemplating pulley location off the hardtop probably gonna go quarter way back from front. Needs a few more beers of thought. Sure I will make a decision by weekend. Gotta get the radar and ap installed first.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Man that is a beautiful boat I have the same 221V but mine is a 89. I want a Hardtop on it so bad but can't seem to find one like yours . I was panning on building one Could you e-amil me some detailed pics of your hard top as well as Dimensions??

I got an '88 221 Hardtop I'm getting ready for sale. 4.3L. Tandem trailer w/all new brakes on both axles (required in PA). Like new rubber. Full Canvas in good shape plus never used cabin cover. Lots of (older) electronics. Two electric downriggers, rod holders, etc. The only work it needs (beyond customizations) is the left (passenger side) wing window is missing (previous owner lost it on Lake Erie in a freak stereo accident ;~). It's currently got a piece of plexiglass glued in place. It's got a rebuilt motor with low hours. All documentation, manuals, everything. Professionally serviced. It's been sitting under cover for two years because of gas prices that never seem to go down. It is, however quite decent on gas but my personal economics couldn't afford it the past few years. It is located just north of Pittsburgh, PA. It's been kept high and dry since I've owned it (trailer it only) . I'm taking the tarp off this weekend and sweeping up the bugs and giving her a wipedown.I will take pictures this weekend and post on this site. I haven't even thought of a price but it won't be more than $4k. I just thought I would give a heads up here before I post it on Craigslist likely next week. I know it's a good distance from Ontario but you folks seem to really appreciate these boats. You can email me at [email protected] for more information and pictures when I get them. I hope you don't consider this hijacking the thread...it wasn't meant to. Tim

Nice looking rig! Cant go wrong with the Islander. Bought my 2001 last April and absolutely love it. Big enough to take the lake most days but light enough to muscle around at the launch by myself.

Update on my hardtop. Took the tarp off and pulled it out of the lower yard which was kind of swampy...made some good ruts ;~) Got it up near the house on a dry moderate slope. Batteries were strong (I charged them several times the past two years), bellows was clean, supple and uncracked (I stored it with the drive unit down an inch off the ground to lower stress on bellows). Canvas was good and basically as I left it. What surprised me was just how clean the inside was...I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure there would be a lot more dead bugs. No mildew...nothing. It was basically just as we left it. So for fututre reference to those of you who store outside we just closed up with the full canvas and covered the thing with a silver (medium duty) tarp (I think it was 30x16 or something like that). We then tied the tarp down at multiple points on the trailer with white stretch cord. I kept the charger plug outside of the canvas a bit so I would have access. I filled up the trailer tires and that's it. It went through a lot of weather like that. Of course it was professionally winterized just before storage. Aparently there is just enough air exchange to prevent mildew but tight enough to keep out most of the bugs and other critters. I checked the brake fluid (brakes were new) and it's full and clean. We are going to have a couple days of hard frost here (Western PA) this week so I did not put the muffs on and start the motor. That will have to wait for next week. I did notice a lot more paint chips on the trailer though from the 2 winters (it had been repainted). So that's seems to be the only wear and tear from storage.

This will be my last post on this thread since I hijacked it (sorry OP). As soon as we get the motor started and warmed up with no issues, hopefully next week, and get her wiped down she's going up for sale. I'll put it here in the classifieds with as many pictures as needed to show the condition. At the same time I will be listing it around Erie and here in Pittsburgh. If anyone here knows of anyone interested and willing to take the drive please email me at [email protected] and I'll keep them up to date on the startup and any possible issues that come up. I can also send them new pictures when I get them. If in fact the price I had mentioned in a previous post is such a good deal (I honestly have no idea but have been told so by members here), I wouldn't expect it to last long once listed in several venues. So ask around as I expect to list it probably by next Saturday. Thanks for all the comments, folks. Tim