flasher and flies

16 or 18 inches to about 28 or 30 inches usually with a conventional diver set up. The reason I put it as a range rather than an absolute is that it can also depend on what types/sizes of "flies" you are running. Most of the guys have a set preference which is an "average" within that range and it works well for them and the the specific setups they normally are running or types of flashers as well. I make some of my own flies which I may "tune" as I go along depending on results or when the fish seem tentative or "spooky" and once in awhile even run a squid. The 24 inch average is a real good starting point but don't be afraid to experiment either...it is half the fun...especially finding something that works when nothing else seems to. :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

I found that 21" on 10 spin Dr works the best. It gives the fly a little more attractive look. Buy I also run my cut bait heads at 32" on big weenie 10 and 13 flashers. To me shorter lead lengths work the best

How far with a 10 inch spin doctor or 11 inch paddle?

I do not run a lot of flies behind big paddles (mostly meat) but I like the range of 32-36"