Point Breeze Browns +

Fished this morning aboard "Bobber Down" with Ed and Jeff and we had a blast. Headed west of port with a plan to fish as long as we could. We found some stained water that we worked all morning boating 20 or so fish. Hard to believe the weatherman was wrong with forecasted winds from the south that were actually from the N/E!!! We lasted until 11:15 or so with 2-3' waves and the wind picking up. Planer boards with lines back 50-100' running small bright colored sticks was the ticket today. We had a few doubles and 2 triples with mostly browns to 10lbs, a small coho, and a nice steelhead. Great time with a lot of laughs and "wish you were here" texts to friends who called us names.... ! At some point it was decided that Ed would be re-naming "Bobber Down" to "Bas-turd" and Jeff would be re-naming his boat "White Chitty" and as always - what happens on the boat - stays on the boat - unless you have to "dump" it overboard!!!!

On a serious note: this post is dedicated to Capt. Jim Shambaugh who couldn't be out there with us today because he is battling cancer. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Here are some pics from today:

post-140858-0-25306800-1396387559_thumb.jpg

Doubled up

post-140858-0-65025300-1396387591_thumb.jpg

Nice brown

post-140858-0-49741400-1396387648_thumb.jpg

Steelie

post-140858-0-44907900-1396387922_thumb.jpg

Some browns for the grill

post-140858-0-42007800-1396387972_thumb.jpg

FX…..Thank you sir for the kind words for CAPT JIM….our prayers and thoughts will be with him…and he would have loved to be with us…..for those of you that don't know CAPT JIM he runs the boat "LOVES TO FISH" out of point breeze….and has a big battle going on with cancer he is not only a CAPT but a very dear friend to everybody in this area…..please wish Jim for a fast recovery…..tight lines ED

Edited by CHAMP99B

Excellent job guys, nice to see the water and good people having a good time!! As far as Capt. Jim, my prayers go out to him as that was my fathers name also who had cancer, not a pretty sight, and I miss him dearly. I would hope with the new tech. they have today he will have a full recovery   :sun:  :flower:  :flower:

Thank you again to everyone for your thoughts and prayers for Capt Jim….Jim and i severed together in Veit Nam,w/ the Americal Div. 198th infantry….67-68

Thanks for the update and the nice pics for those still trying to thaw out in VT and wishing we were there. Was planning on being there in a few weeks, but can't get to the boat that is still covered.

Capt. Jim will be on our prayer list and we will keep him in prayer daily! May the good Lord bless and keep him strong!

Thank you again to everyone for your thoughts and prayers for Capt Jim….Jim and i severed together in Veit Nam,w/ the Americal Div. 198th infantry….67-68

Champ99B, anyone who served this country so we can have the luxury of being a proud American is a true friend of mine, I have uncles and friends who served in Nam, and my heart and hand goes out to all the VETS. of this country.  :handshake:  One of my buddies who fishes with me is going through the cancer bit as we speak and they claim it's from the crud he was exposed to over there, and my brother has the same $hit, CANCER SUCKS!!!

Very nice fish. Our best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for Capt. Jim. We've lost way too many of our Vet brothers. May God be at his side.