Went out of bear creek for an afternoon trip. Fished the 8 - 14 fow. We found a range of temp from 36 - 38 degrees by the end of the night. All sticks with natural colors worked best. Flatlined 120 back and 50 back off the walleye boards were good for us. Nice colored water and despite an east chop we boated 14 for 19. Highlight for me was the engine fired on the first turn and purred the rest of the night and I took a co worker out who never trolled or caught Ontario fish. He is hooked and will hopefully fall into the ranks like the rest of us.

post-139866-13964059827612_thumb.jpg

post-139866-13964060219605_thumb.jpgpost-139866-13964060603585_thumb.jpgpost-139866-13964060807075_thumb.jpgpost-139866-13964061464193_thumb.jpgpost-139866-13964061762518_thumb.jpgpost-139866-13964062046447_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

AWESOME.....my backyard and last time i was down a couple weeks ago, there was still some ice flows around the mouth.  Its great having Ginna so close and all that 'warmed' up water.  Cant wait til I am confident I can put my boat in (I/O engine) and start the trolling.  Always nice when the boat fires up first turn!!!! :)

Just had to rub it in to us didn't you my old friend?  Wish Mike and I had your schedule lol! Guess I got to get the batteries charged now.  Great work...you always put your time in. Seems like your buddy loved it.  Hopefully get out in a week or so, by the way...can you make the winds blow less than 5 mph for the rest of us weekend only guys???  (This reply sent by old fashioned keyboard!!!...see you soon...campi)

Thanks guys

I charged the bateries overnight and threw the boat togther in 2 hrs made the sign of the cross and prayed she was still good to go after our deep freeze of a winter. Your days will come soon and if could make it 5mph or less everyday i guess we wld never apprciate the calm days.

Sharkhunter

awesome I have caught a few on eggs off the rocks the past week. did you clear all the debris off the ramp?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

awesome I have caught a few on eggs off the rocks the past week. did you clear all the debris off the ramp?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I went down to the ramp on Wednesday evening, after I saw this report.  From the breakwall out 6-7 feet into the ramp, there is debris and a large log, but then I can see someone cleared a path for a small trailer to launch from, then more debris heading east towards the actual creek.  If I get time this weekend, or next week, I may try and clear the left side (breakwall side) of the ramp, because I really need to be closer to the wall to get my boat off the trailer, well more importantly to re-trailer it than anything.  I will update as soon as the ramp is 'more' useable! :)

Jason