Walleye season opener

Whats everybody planning for opening weekend? Im not sure if otisco will even be thawed out! Hope we can get the boat in at least.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ya, I hear you JT, Just going to get boat ready and see what happens with the lake and that will determine what we do. Maybe just sit in the boat on the trailer and drink beer!!! and talk about the good ol' days, I hope the lake will be open by then and hope to get some browns in by then.

I will be up at my in-laws.  I  have a few guys coming up to have a shot at those finicky creatures. I am thinking that will be the first time I will be on the water until the ice is out.  I was thinking we might be ice fishing for them for the opener.

I usually hit the Susky on opener, but don't normally do as well on the post spawners as the pre spawners. But.. my wife made plans with her sister to go to Myrtle Beach that weekend so it looks like I'll be golfing instead of fishing. I'll probably tuck the little boat away and get the big one out of storage in the next few weeks so it'll be ready to go follow Justin around on Otisco when I can get out! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Bigdip,

Yeah im pretty sure the lake will be open...but Ill be surprised if all the docks will be in!  Shane has a full plate there with rebuilding their shop, remodelling bathrooms, and they have a ton of boats to get ready.  I keep my boat on shane's dock so ours goes in first...I told him if it wasnt in Id put it in!

Chris,

The best fishing in May wont be trolling...not that we wont do some, but casting at night is the real deal in may and maybe into june this year!  So dont forget where that little boat is...:)

Anybody out near conesus know if the eyes are running?  Should be this week next at the latest...

justin

We'll be at Conesus for the opening weekend looking for the state record walleye with Pikefreak and crew. South end all weekend.

Justracytrolling, the pike are in the creek now, Walleyes should follow soon!

Good luck everyone!

de\/-0post-147894-0-59445100-1396730917_thumb.jpg

First walleye opener owning my own boat. Can't wait. I'll be on my home water of Conesus. Got a question for you guys. What kind of rods do you guys like for trolling. I want to get a nice reel and rod for trolling. Something I can use with or without planner boards. Something light enough for eyes but could also use for trolling for browns and what not. Thanks!

Phisherman585, Walleye Signature rods from Bass Pro, designed by Keith Kavajecz and Gary Parsons. Have been using these for 20 yrs now and have had great luck trolling for walleye and anything else, northerns, brown trout and landlocks.

Gonna miss it...  1st time in a long time.  Wife pulled a "this is more important" card on me.  I have been in denial, but I will be in Mass for the opener and I don't know of any place to get eyes out there.  My strategy always changes depending on current conditions.  The temperature of the larger bodies of water should be considerably colder than the inlets and adjoining bays.  This would be the transition I would target.  Some areas, I don't even think they will be into post spawn so the bite might be tough.  Good luck gentleman (and ladies).