The size of the waves may not be the most critical factor it will probably be wind speed and direction especially. If the wind is blowing toward shore you will have a more difficult time controlling the boat in close than if coming from shore  for example. You will be fishing the shoreline and pretty tight if for browns right now so boat control should be the main determinant. Two to four ft waves shouldn't a problem in your boat....just assess the wind situation and the particular shoreline you'll be fishing (e.g many boulders near shore, sunken obstructions such as pilings or old dock bases etc.). Good luck if you go!

Edited by Sk8man

I have a 21 foot bayliner trophy hardtop would it ve a bad idea to try and troll browns tomorrow with 2-4 waves

Your going to get a mix bag of comments with such a question, some are faint at heart, will say that's to rough 2fters Yea, 4fters EEgh I wouldn't try it, and those balls to the wall guys will say 2-4 that's nothing. I would say I fished those conditions and it's border line to having fun and getting beat up, so I would ask myself, what am I comfortable operating my boat in, maybe take a ride and see for yourself before making a decision.  Just trying to be bias here, as we are all gun-ho right now, lots of time for a better forecast, if your a rookie at the wheel. also which direction the wind is coming in is a big facture also as you will be in tight to the shore and with this winter who knows what lies below, 2-4 ft waves, wind blowing toward the shore your fishing gives little time to correct a problem and then LAND-HO, many factors to consider before calling it off and having a banner day. Just my .02$ what ever you decide Good luck!!

Edited by pap

I would like to fish point breeze and the problem im running into is that I only have about 4 days a month to fish and it stinks because this is my favorite time to fish I love hooking up on big browns and I am still having trouble catching salmon and steel head so the only time I really get any good fishing in is now and unfortunately tomorrow is my only day off until next Thursday

Good advice from everyone. I personally don't enjoy fishing in 4 footers. My Lund Alaskan can handle them but it just makes everything more difficult and it's not a relaxing day on the water as your body is constantly tense. I also have a kicker and electic motor for back up which I think is wise on the big lake. 

It all comes down to wind direction if its a southerly wind it'll be smooth, the more northerly the wind the rougher it will be with less wind. As far as east or west winds if at the oak you fish the better bay. Idk if docks are in yet to me with a larger boat the launch and retrieval are the main concern .

I guess I'm one of those balls to the wall guys but I KNOW the capabilities of my boat and crew (when I have one).  If you're fishing somewhat clear water (i.e. no obstructions) I would give it a shot.  Worse comes to worse you have to call it and come home.  At least you can say you tried.

I have fished a lot in larger chop and it becomes more of a chore unless you are hands over fist in the fish.  I have fun but the luckily hood of injury and stress go up a lot more in rough weather.

Don't over do the amount of lines you put out in rough chop.  The general idea less is more would apply in that situation.

I Bay can be pretty good this time of year. I upgraded to a bigger boat this year but I was running a 17' 6" Blue Fin in past years and if the lake was too rough in the spring we would just fish the bay. There is some good action in the southeast corner for browns. Watch the points, they come up quick. We have also done steelies in the deeper water. Don't go too far south, it gets pretty shallow back there. Watch your graph and you will find a shelf that cuts across the entire bay east/west. Stay just north of that. Anything south of that is usually 3 feet or less. There are docks in at the county launch on the north end. Make sure you drive in to the launch from the west as the bridge is out now.Good luck.