Shrink Tubing

Hi All,

I have a question.  Where can I purchase shrink tubing and how do I install it.  I want to put it over my swivels when I join the backing to the copper and fluorocarbon leader  to copper.  I don't like the idea of the metal swivel hitting the ceramic tip of my rod  when reeling in and I thought the shrink wrap may protect  it.

Thanks

The nearest Lowes store will sell you all the shrink tubing you will ever need. 

The idea behind shrink tubing is to protect your copper knots. Simply cut a 3/4-1" piece and slide it over top of you copper knots and apply heat. Try not to cover your swivel too much or it will lose its function. 

The problem with the heat shrink tubing over the swivel is not only what Legacy said, but it's way to easy to give the tubing to much heat to shrink it. You can easily melt the flourocarbon leader even with a heat gun and no open flame. :doh:

The problem with the heat shrink tubing over the swivel is not only what Legacy said, but it's way to easy to give the tubing to much heat to shrink it. You can easily melt the flourocarbon leader even with a heat gun and no open flame. :doh:

Listen to this man! Heat deteriorates flouro making it really weak.

Sent from my thinking chair...